Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff named Head Coach, Press Conference at 1:00 PM EDT

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
I wasn't super hyped about the hire until this morning when wgr ran some radio snippets from ruff when he was last here. From no goal to the sens brawl

I'm back in now, the sabres have talent, they are just missing that passion

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
There could be a lot of changes that come post-playoffs where organizations may change their plans based on a lack of meeting expectations (IMO, Toronto getting rid of Keefe if they don't make it far/get bounced in the 1st round). There are more candidates that could've came available for one reason or another. What we know for certain, is that Lindy was a candidate with a bunch of unemployed candidates. But I feel they didn't give themselves a fighting chance to find the best decision of the best potential candidates which may have grown after the playoffs, unless they were stuck on just one guy from internal discussions, which is what it looks like.

Again, not mad they chose Lindy, just don't feel like the process was done as an organization that didn't know their answer before the question.
Hm. I hear what you're saying.

I wouldn't have any confidence in Keefe. If he can't win with the Leafs roster, I can't see him doing better here.

Even with a first round exit, I don't see Cassidy, Montgomery, Bednar, Maurice or RBA shaking loose.

Lindy is in the building today. He's watched the team for a month. He'll have a full off-season to provide roster input, communicate with players, set expectations . . . Even if those big names did shake loose after the second or third round, we still might be better off with Ruff.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

Two scenarios popped into my head when I saw this:

1) Lindy had 2 years left on his NJ deal and he wants to renegotiate a new deal after that deal expires.
2) They have a plan to have a coach in waiting on the staff to take over in 2 years and Lindy gets that bump up into a management role.

He's only got one year left.

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
3 guys who should be fearing for their jobs and someone who is guaranteed to have a letter.
I have it as tuch being a coaches favorite

Krebs being the guy who gets a ton of playing time but doesn't produce pts

Clifton and Bryson alternate being in his dog house

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad