Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff named Head Coach, Press Conference at 1:00 PM EDT

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I hate to say that I agree with @TehDoak but there appears to have been no search.
Maybe, maybe not.

Friedman has talked about GM's talking to candidates before they fire their coach. They want to know that they have someone "better" as a replacement.

KA could have been talking to available candidates for a while.

Or

Maybe he knew what he was looking for....

Reactions: brian_griffin

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
I don't feel great about this. I actually feel worse about it than the previous three hires who I was at least willing to give a chance if nothing else.

The good news is I am often wrong about these retread choices. Lindy wouldn't be my retread, but can only hope he feels strongly about some good assistants, and we don't get The Instigators behind the bench

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
I'm torn on this.

On the one hand it feels like Terry didn't conduct a real search and is just hiring yet another person that he's familiar with and has a history with the Sabres.

On the other hand Lindy is actually a good coach.

If Lindy had the exact same resume, but with other teams instead of the Sabres, I'd be thrilled with the hire.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Time for Lindy to finish the story.
20240422_172147.jpg

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Kinda figured this was gonna happen after Adams' year end presser. Hopefully this marks the true end of the prophesized "suffering"

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Since we are on the Sabres memory train, probably 2 players from either the 1999 Team or the 2006 team.
It's 100% going to be James Patrick plus other guys picked by Adams, and everyone knows it.

Show me the assistants and get to work. I'm out of patience.
It's 100% going to be James Patrick plus other guys picked by Adams, and everyone knows it.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Wasn't my top choice, but he was near the top. He's got gravitas. Team f***ing needs a set. It makes a lot of sense to me. One thing to watch out for: a number of Dmen have had their most productive seasons playing for Lindy, and frakly, I'm not sure he's ever had anyone as good as Ras. Could be a big gotdamn year for the captain (I assume).

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

If Patrick comes back, I'm 100% fine with that. Given he's spent the better part of the last 5-7 years as a WHL head coach, he knows how to work with kids......and it's not like he was awful with the D last time through.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Since we are on the Sabres memory train, probably 2 players from either the 1999 Team or the 2006 team.

Jay McKee was actually my choice as outside the box HC but they want old school. Cheese has done great work with the Bulldogs. The other possibility since he's got deep ties to Ruff is James Patrick, ex bench boss of the Ice and current head man for the Victoria Royals in the WHL.

Reactions: SabresFan26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad