Rumor: Lindholm Mega Thread: All Rumors/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I've followed this pretty closely and don't recall seeing or hearing anything from Trouba's camp suggesting they would never consider a bridge deal.

Maybe they will, But don't really want to do it. I saw somewhere and thought it was posted from a Jets fan suggesting that Overhardt doesn't want a bridge deal but might have to accept one.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You mean the one that has played 1 game?

Theodore has played 1. Larsson has played 4.

Anaheim has played 6 games. How high does that number need to be? In those 6 games, there has only been a single one where they didn't have Theodore or Larsson playing.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
You mean the one that has played 1 game?

You said Larsson, Theodore, and Montour. I said one of these guys has been in every game (there was one game where they weren't that I forgot about).

For all but one game, one of the three players has been in the lineup. Meaning there's one spot open. Theo was considered the most NHL ready, but struggled in camp. Larsson won the spot (note that we needed a LHD though so it was between Larsson and Theo). Theo impressed in SD, and was brilliant in the game against Vancouver. You implied that these guys couldn't crack the NHL lineup. There's been a spot for one of them, and aside from one game, one of them has been in the lineup. The Ducks aren't the Oilers or Leafs. They don't just hand spots to young players unless they're absolutely ready.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Philadelphia, I believe. It was reported that Carlyle didn't want to throw Larsson into what, he felt, would be a very physical game.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Chevy/Trouba would likely do whatever deal was requested by the purchasing team to make a trade

Totally agree, More then likely it would've to benefit Chevy more then Trouba. As he still has say in where Trouba gets dealt. Though Trouba more or less can chose a particular region in which he would like to play say the any Eastern US team.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
Theodore has played 1. Larsson has played 4.

Anaheim has played 6 games. How high does that number need to be? In those 6 games, there has only been a single one where they didn't have Theodore or Larsson playing.

Looking at the roster for San Diego....all those players are listed as current players. And my point was directed at Dracom who said Dano is not a good player because he is in the AHL.

So he's good enough to be in the NHL, yet still not good enough to be on the Jets roster. if he was actually good enough to play, he would be. Since he's not, we end up helping the Jets get value for a guy they would lose for nothing. Not going to help the Jets upgrade in D and get value for a player they could lose for nothing.

btlaffin

Deathbat
Jun 30, 2013
JVR+Gardiner+ for Lindholm+Stoner?

No shot. You're not getting Lindholm without moving Nylander or Marner. Plus if we trade Lindholm, there is no dire need to move Stoner. Absolutely no way would the Ducks take less value on Lindholm to move Stoner's contract.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Looking at the roster for San Diego....all those players are listed as current players. And my point was directed at Dracom who said Dano is not a good player because he is in the AHL.

And that's why you should look a little deeper before you try to say "Gotcha!"

Dano might well be a good player, but being in the AHL doesn't paint him in the best light. Winnipeg is his 3rd team now, and he has 69 games under his belt. You'd hope that a good player would be forcing the issue, and giving Winnipeg a good reason to keep him in the line-up.

I'm not saying he's good, or not good, by the way. It's just that, if you're going to use him as trade bait and try to argue that he's valuable(again, not saying he isn't), I think the burden of proof is on you to show that. For instance, I wouldn't give up anything of significance for Dano, because I don't think he's shown enough to prove he's worth it. I don't feel that Dano has shown a consistent upward trend in his game.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

I'll rephrase it then. Dano is not good enough to be playing on the Jets roster with the stacked wingers they have already. Good chance he's not a long term fit for the Jets. So when people are adding him to Trouba for Lindholm, I see us getting a worse defenseman wanting to play on the side we don't need him to, and a player the Jets don't have a use for now or in the future, and I don't see him as much of an improvement on what we have now. Not enough to trade Lindholm for at least.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He comfortably beats every RHD they have, so there's a spot in the top pairing. A Fowler-Trouba debate is literally the last thing this thread needs, so there's just no point in going there.

They are pretty equal to be honest, fowlers contract is also pretty great for the time being.

Stream*

Dec 13, 2015
And that's why you should look a little deeper before you try to say "Gotcha!"

Dano might well be a good player, but being in the AHL doesn't paint him in the best light. Winnipeg is his 3rd team now, and he has 69 games under his belt. You'd hope that a good player would be forcing the issue, and giving Winnipeg a good reason to keep him in the line-up.

I'm not saying he's good, or not good, by the way. It's just that, if you're going to use him as trade bait and try to argue that he's valuable(again, not saying he isn't), I think the burden of proof is on you to show that. For instance, I wouldn't give up anything of significance for Dano, because I don't think he's shown enough to prove he's worth it. I don't feel that Dano has shown a consistent upward trend in his game.

And what I am saying is that if someone is categorizing a player by the league he plays in is the "Gotcha". Check out Dano's stats before you make those statements...very good NHL numbers 69 games and 31 points and only 21 years old. So Dano for Montour or Theodore when he gets sent back down is fair for you then? AHL scrub for AHL scrub, but Dano has way more games in the show....that is a trend.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
And what I am saying is that if someone is categorizing a player by the league he plays in is the "Gotcha". Check out Dano's stats before you make those statements...very good NHL numbers 69 games and 31 points and only 21 years old. So Dano for Montour or Theodore when he gets sent back down is fair for you then? AHL scrub for AHL scrub, but Dano has way more games in the show....that is a trend.

Man, with those points it's a mystery why he keeps getting traded and keeps going back to the AHL...

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Waiver eligibility.

Mystery solved

What's the answer to him being on his third team now?

So Dano would need to clear waivers if he went back the NHL and sent back to the AHL? That's how I'm understanding being waiver eligibility, so the Jets would lose him for nothing like I said early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad