Lindbolhm hurt?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Posted 4 weeks ago | 02-14-2016, 01:15 AM

Surprised this hasn't been put on here per the Wolves, Lindbohm broke a bone in his foot on Tuesday night in Cleveland and is expected to be out of action for 4-6 weeks.

And I think this could transfer on right thread here.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Kid has had a rough year. Maybe he'll bounce back to form next season the way he was when he had a callup last year. Don't know if they have room for him since he probably will/has been passed by Schmaltz and maybe even Dunn. I think with both Parayko and Edmundson shocking people out of camp, Lindbohm may become a trade chip.

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
Ah ok, thanks guys. Sorry to muck up the threads with my bad memory. So far schmaltz and rattie have had ok games. Copley let in 2 but they weren't softies.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I don't think Lindbohm has played horribly but the Blues have ALWAYS like Edmundson but never got a chance to see him because of injury. When healthy, he's an upgrade over Lindbohm.

That doesn't mean Lindbohm won't be an NHL player, because what we saw last year certainly suggests that he is..but he may not be an NHL player for the Blues. The extension of Gunnarsson pretty much seals the deal.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
XkB7X3L.png

Here is the Hero Chart comparing Edmundson's 55 NHL games and Lindbohm's 30. While I liked the value we got for Gunnar's new contract, it kind of upsets me that it pretty much means Lindbohm will be traded unless Shattenkirk is moved.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
XkB7X3L.png

Here is the Hero Chart comparing Edmundson's 55 NHL games and Lindbohm's 30. While I liked the value we got for Gunnar's new contract, it kind of upsets me that it pretty much means Lindbohm will be traded unless Shattenkirk is moved.

I really like Lindbohm's physical game last year too. He had a nasty edge. Thought it would be a good attribute that could translate well in the playoffs.

Outside of Bortuzzo, none of our D men really play with an edge. Seen Edmundson get feisty here and there but not every shift type of feisty.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I really like Lindbohm's physical game last year too. He had a nasty edge. Thought it would be a good attribute that could translate well in the playoffs.

Outside of Bortuzzo, none of our D men really play with an edge. Seen Edmundson get feisty here and there but not every shift type of feisty.

Ed doesn't go for the hits really but he mauls guys down in the corner pretty often.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I think many would disagree on Edmundson.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007

Oh I think he can be and I've seen it. I mean the kid has dropped his gloves three times this year.

Guess I was talking more about Lindbohm's net presence and what he did after the whistle..

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Edmundson has become what Jackman was. If he improves his positional play without losing his edge, he'll be a perfect replacement.

I said during training camp when it started to appear that Edmundson and Parayko would both make the team over Lindbohm that my may never make it back to a regular spot on the Blues (due to the talented young defensemen coming up right behind him) and was mocked (well, it was mostly Ranksu).

But as things sit, I think his best bet with the Blues is as a 7th man. But that would not be in Petteri's best interest as it probably attenuates his development. I doubt he gets traded though, since the team can afford to simply pay him for playing in the AHL.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Let's just wait and see what happens. I like Lindbohm but if he's thrown into a deal for a guy like Drouin, I won't be complaining.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That drouin deal has sailed haha but I get what you mean
Well I wouldn't rule him out of being traded this offseason just yet. But yeah it was an example meaning if we got offensive help, basically. Lindbohm is a fine player but if we can improve our offense in any way, I wouldn't really miss him that much.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Parayko too. I've seen the guy manhandle people after the whistle and push people around in front of the net. Not sure why he gets called soft. Perhaps he doesn't focus as much on that aspect of the game as we'd like, but he's far from soft.

Both will only get better in that department.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I'm happy for Pertti if he gets traded in Blues there isn't room for him. Rattie is also in akward spot, coach hate him and while he is out producing Pääjärvi and Jaskin he cannot get deserved icetime 'cus of old time system.

Maybe Lindbohm + Rattie <-> bring another vet :sarcasm:

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011
Parayko too. I've seen the guy manhandle people after the whistle and push people around in front of the net. Not sure why he gets called soft. Perhaps he doesn't focus as much on that aspect of the game as we'd like, but he's far from soft.

Both will only get better in that department.

I guess a lot of people act like if you don't murder someone every shift you're playing soft. I really like the way the defense has been playing. They get chippy and physical when needed, especially when someone takes extra wacks at Allen or Elliott. But, none of them seem to go into "Big Buff" mode where you just see red and start taking poorly timed penalties that put you in the box.

The team seems to have a hell of a time keeping leads most nights, so anything that doesn't make that issue worse is a welcome relief.

That said, I think we end up moving Shattenkirk this summer. I just don't know how we sign him and then still manage to either re-sign/replace someone like Backes, while also inking a deal for Schwartz and whoever else we need to sign for next season. I think Lindbohm could move up next year.

A defensive core of J-Bo, Pietrangelo, Edmundson, Parayko, Gunnarrson and Lindbohm isn't a bad one at all. Throw in Bortuzzo whenever needed and it's a pretty solid group of guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad