Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Ottawa

Votes: 52 98.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
It would cost at least a first round pick + prospect to acquire Chych at the deadline. Maybe more if you’re throwing in 50% retention (a top 4 dman making just over 2 mil can fit any contender).

Liljegren isn’t worth that. If we add our first to that, it would be a much more competitive offer that most other teams won’t be able to beat. A serviceable top 4 dman + first round pick for a rental is a steep price.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I don't think Liljegren is the type of dman Treliving likes so I could see him moved, but he is for sure going to be a good top 4 dman. He's better than Sandin who went on to be a top pairing guy for the Caps after folks said he sucked too.

A lot to like about his game. My issue with this trade is Chychrun is also not the type of player Treliving likes. Soft as hell and terrible defensively.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Toronto adds 1st + good prospect. Chychrun would pull least this at the deadline. Full year and you'd imagine Treliving doesn't do this deal without an extension. Ottawa can also shop him at the deadline with retention. They will have plently of suitors for him. I'd say Florida Panthers will top the list of teams both wanting the player and competing against a rival in getting him.

As an example, both Florida and Boston went heavy after Hanifin. Was reported Florida was after Chychrun when he was dealt to Ottawa. Wouldn't surprise me to see them circle back interest wise if Ottawa shops him with Hanifin taken off the market this summer now.

Last edited:

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think Liljegren is the type of dman Treliving likes so I could see him moved, but he is for sure going to be a good top 4 dman. He's better than Sandin who went on to be a top pairing guy for the Caps after folks said he sucked too.

A lot to like about his game. My issue with this trade is Chychrun is also not the type of player Treliving likes. Soft as hell and terrible defensively.
No he isnt. He sucks. He gets benched every playoffs. Plenty of guys like that cheaper

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’m surprised someone actually voted Toronto lol

we’d probably be adding a 1st or 2nd to the deal

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Lilijgren is a bottom pair d-men at 24/25

He might work on his game and become a good top4D somewhere else but teans arent likeky to value him as such with his age gettinh past "young abd promising srmtage"

Team like Utah if they miss out/dont attract any free agents could have interest in the summer

They have a bunch of 2nds and liljgren for a 2nd is his value (doubt late first like Sandin got unless a team is very high on him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad