Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Some interesting players joining Liiga:

Dylan Fabre to Ässät.

Oliver Lauridsen to TPS

Bäckman, Camper and Muzik to Tappara.

Sundström, Miketinac, Carl Mattsson, Lerby and Theodor Johnsson to Sport.

Jordan, Kral, Horky and Lasch to Pelicans.

Stenqvist and Westerholm twins to Lukko.

Jandus and Miika Kovisto to Kärpät

Vainio and Tumanovs to JVP.

Engebråten to Jukurit.

Friman, Kodytek, Stransky and Palve to Ilves.

Lepistö and Sund to HIFK.

I assume Tappara is the favorites.

Mod, stick this thread!

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
This is pretty neat. Liiga website now shows xG values for all the games.

liiga.PNG

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
So Luke martin, former 2nd round pick is sitting at 5 goals and 11 assists through 17 games. He’s only 25 years old so might still have a shot at the nhl at some point. Is he playing as well as the point totals suggest? He’s leading his team in scoring so he must be doing something right…

Any thoughts?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
So Luke martin, former 2nd round pick is sitting at 5 goals and 11 assists through 17 games. He’s only 25 years old so might still have a shot at the nhl at some point. Is he playing as well as the point totals suggest? He’s leading his team in scoring so he must be doing something right…

Any thoughts?
He's been a solid addition at Liiga level, one of the better players of his team and definitely good enough for the AHL, but it's questionable whether a two-way NHL contract at league minimum would still make much sense at this point of his career.

Reactions: KapG

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Who's ass Olli Salo had to kiss to get this job.
Finnish hockey is so f***ed and screwed up as ever possible.

Any thoughts?
Absolutely positive surprise to me and all HIFK fans.
Most HIFK fans wants Martin getting extended and play one more season in HIFK.
But unfortunately that probably won't be possible some SHL / NLA / will sign Martin for season 2024.2025.

Reactions: KapG

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any news on Assat's Dylan Fabre? Seems like some nights he plays over 15 minutes and other games he barely sees the ice. Is there anything to his game to suggest he can play at a level higher than Liiga?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
He is a fast skater but lacks in physical play and maybe not so good passer. I don't see him as a future NHLer but wouldn't rule out playing in SHL or NL in the future.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Does anyone know the background for Sport defenseman Theodore Johnsson? How did he wind up playing in Liiga rather than in SHL or Alsvenskan?

Played a season-high 24 minutes recently and his been averaging over 20 minutes of ice time lately.

Is that due to other defensemen being injured or is he someone worth watching?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
45 swedes this season in Liiga

Does anyone know the background for Sport defenseman Theodore Johnsson? How did he wind up playing in Liiga rather than in SHL or Alsvenskan?

Played a season-high 24 minutes recently and his been averaging over 20 minutes of ice time lately.

Is that due to other defensemen being injured or is he someone worth watching?
He did get plenty of chances in SHL with Malmö and Växjö but he did not impress

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What is going on with attendance? I know it has been very bad for many seasons but feeling it is getting worse every other day ....

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
This season has much better attendance than last year.

Seven teams with 100+ increase
Three teams with 100+ decrease
Five teams within 100 of last year.

Averages are about 100 better than last year.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
This season has much better attendance than last year.

Seven teams with 100+ increase
Three teams with 100+ decrease
Five teams within 100 of last year.

Averages are about 100 better than last year.
That is fine. I mean the recent days & weeks when we see games below 3000 even below 2000.

Liiga is 6th in Europe

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
February games under 3000 have been with home teams which have pretty much given up the season. I hope that with relegation games coming back next year would help the attendance of bottom teams.

I have to say that Finnish arenas are quite badly outdated. Tampere has a new arena and hosts two teams but the second newest arena is from 1990. Kiekko-Espoo which is joining next year has newer one (1999) and of course Helsinki Arena is from 1997 but that is currently not in use as the owners are under sanctions.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
February games under 3000 have been with home teams which have pretty much given up the season. I hope that with relegation games coming back next year would help the attendance of bottom teams.

I have to say that Finnish arenas are quite badly outdated. Tampere has a new arena and hosts two teams but the second newest arena is from 1990. Kiekko-Espoo which is joining next year has newer one (1999) and of course Helsinki Arena is from 1997 but that is currently not in use as the owners are under sanctions.
Honestly, I expected better attedance from both Tampere teams. Agree with old arenas. Generally speaking, it is a huge problem of European hockey, all top leagues - Sweden, Czechia, Switzerland, Germany ... below is the KHL.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Lackhalak

May 26, 2017
Honestly, I expected better attedance from both Tampere teams. Agree with old arenas. Generally speaking, it is a huge problem of European hockey, all top leagues - Sweden, Czechia, Switzerland, Germany ... below is the KHL.

I don't think there should be 2 teams in Tampere. Not a big enough city to support it.

Also the top Liiga teams should join the SHL system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad