Liiga 2016-2017 General Talk

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Pretty tough start for Kärpät with games vs Tappara, TPS and HIFK this week.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I've been wondering since the spring if they'd show Sport's first homegame, neat. Pro2 on Saturday.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Nelonen will show Sport-TPS on Saturday and HIFK-Kärpät on Sunday for free.

56 Lauri Taipalus - 33 Sebastian Moberg
8 Daniel Grillfors - 18 Yohann Auvitu
43 Miihkali Teppo - 6 Eemeli Heikkinen
47 Juuso Salmi

HIFK's defense for tonight :laugh:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Nelonen will show Sport-TPS on Saturday and HIFK-Kärpät on Sunday for free.

56 Lauri Taipalus - 33 Sebastian Moberg
8 Daniel Grillfors - 18 Yohann Auvitu
43 Miihkali Teppo - 6 Eemeli Heikkinen
47 Juuso Salmi

HIFK's defense for tonight :laugh:
Was planning on posting how the Ässät forward line-up is pretty sad in a funny way, and what you get when you have a bunch of juniors on your team ...but damn, now it will look like I'm bragging.

Sami Lähteenmäki - Mika Niemi - Eero Elo
Jarno Kärki - Aleksi Saarela - Jake Hansen
Tuomas Huhtanen - Henri Heino - Austin Smith
Ville Ahlgren - Juha Kiilholma - Niko Ojamäki

But at least now Ässät seems to have some kind of a defensive system for the solid group of defencemen and Rinne in goal is constantly improving so I guess I'm not that terrified. Not yet at least.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Sport came close to upsetting JYP but couldn't hold one. I hear their fans did themselves proud, only fans you could hear during YLE Puhe Kiekkokierros from Jyväskylä.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
There are wayyyyyy too many ads on the ice at least what i have seen after watching 3 games. They are effin' distracting.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
There are wayyyyyy too many ads on the ice at least what i have seen after watching 3 games. They are effin' distracting.

I'd rather have that than breaks in play because of commercials... When I saw Rangers versus Philly in NYC 2006 the game had two breaks at semi breakaways for Jágr.

Philly won 6-3. Jágr with the hattrick...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just realized TPS had over 10K attendance for theer home opener. I can't remember the last time that happened versus an opponent that wasn't Jokerit (and even they didn't get 10K unless it was the train trip).

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Nice to see Ässät getting these early points since some of the teams are clearly just not playing as well as expected just yet. A solid 3-0 win against JYP at home after the SO win against Lukko. Rinne and defense looking good.

Ps. I think TPS might still get a good price for Lasch if they act fast.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
TPS lacked heart and couldn't execute as well as Sport did on the PP.

Sport and TPS fans fought during 1st intermission.
It's a shame that there's always those kind of "fans" that focus more on finding someone to fight with than the actual game.

Nice to see Ässät getting these early points since some of the teams are clearly just not playing as well as expected just yet. A solid 3-0 win against JYP at home after the SO win against Lukko. Rinne and defense looking good.
I'm surprised how well Ässät has played so far considering the roster.

Ps. I think TPS might still get a good price for Lasch if they act fast.
:laugh:

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Nice to see Ässät getting these early points since some of the teams are clearly just not playing as well as expected just yet.

Great to see Saarela playing centre and generating offense. If he keeps this up, our WJC team might actually have a half decent replacement for Teräväinen.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
I'd rather have that than breaks in play because of commercials... When I saw Rangers versus Philly in NYC 2006 the game had two breaks at semi breakaways for Jágr.

Philly won 6-3. Jágr with the hattrick...

Don't worry, we got two 1 min breaks a period, too...

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Saturday spectators in two big markets :help:

Blues - Pelicans: 3347
Tappara - KalPa: 3994
A common trend for a while now that September is a bad month when it comes to spectator numbers in this league.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A common trend for a while now that September is a bad month when it comes to spectator numbers in this league.

20°C in September means people are not into hockey yet. When the temperatures dip closer to 10°C, attendances rise. It's been like this for years.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Ari Vallin :facepalm: No earthy idea why Marjamäki keeps playing him in every single game instead of Eminger/Nutivaara/whoever. Resulted 2 goals all by himself once again.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
True but still bad numbers for Saturday.

Just realized TPS had over 10K attendance for theer home opener. I can't remember the last time that happened versus an opponent that wasn't Jokerit (and even they didn't get 10K unless it was the train trip).
Thousands of free tickets given around Turku.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Sport fans are awesome :yo: I will certainly watch their games if they still get air time in Nelonen's main channel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad