GWT: Ligue 1 GOTW Round 21

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not many exciting games on paper this week, no big clash.
Rennes, Lens and others are facing unexciting teams.
Tonight's game between Nice and Nantes could be interesting, but I will go another way :

Marseille-Lille Sunday 8.45 PM (Paris time).

OM is trying to crawl back to top 3 and Lille is a team that could give them some trouble as they like to counter more than to create. And OM likes to dominate possession.
However, that OM defense is the best in the league (thanks Arteta) and the Saliba/David duel is fascinating.

Prediction : 1-1

Reactions: robertmac43

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Terrible by Benitez to allow a literally last second equalizer for Nantes at the end of first half. He is not even old for a keeper (28) but he looked awfully slow/late to react on that free kick,

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Benitez is hard to judge. He makes blunders from time to time, but for instance, he was amazing last week at Brest.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Mbappe puts PSG ahead via a shot off the post after half an hour. Messi and Neymar are still out.

Then there's a bit of an altercation as Mbappe gets angry at the Brest players.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Kehrer puts PSG 2-0 up after a pass from fellow wing back Nuno Mendes. A bit weird to see Kehrer score from the CF position from Nuno Mendes being the player highest up on the pitch. Sort of total football, I guess.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Oh no, Sergio Ramos is coming on. He is quite capable of getting sent off again during the remainining 20 minutes. At least it was for Di Maria, so even if that happens PSG still has enough defensive players to hold on for a win.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Yeah Brest only showed up in the first 15 minutes, after that, if not for very lackadaisical finishing and some great saves from the Brest keeper it could have been 5 or 6 nil.

I noticed Larsonneur is just a backup for Brest, what's up with that? I remember seeing him for a couple of games 2 years ago and thinking he's going to be the next great French keeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad