Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lovely. Now you've moved on to using a statistically sample of 4 games of strong european competition to defend Lemar (while failing to defend Fekir altogether). How you can use such an unreliably small sample to make (and I quote) "absolute assertion" about player quality is beyond me, but fine. If you're so confident let's make a bet with clearly uneven stakes. If Lamar and Fekir are both clearly better than Di Maria from Jan 2018 to the end of the World Cup next year, then I will admit you were right in a post in this thread. If on the other hand ADM is comparable than either of them over the same time period (which you are absolutely certain is not possible), then you will change your username to EviloEatsCrow for the duration of 2018. Sound good?
Lovely, Lemar was dominant throughout the CL campaign. The RECORD was about those 4 games.
As for Fekir I could defend him about the EL, but you'd say "oh it's only the EL, not the CL". Which is a ridiculous argument of course.

Lemar is already better than ADM. Now. And last year. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous. Fekir is at least arguable because he's only come back to his best physical form this season (after his serious injury). But you have zero argument in favor of ADM vs Lemar. None.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I absolutely don't care about bets, thank you.

Heck, even the piss poor lists you posted rank Lemar over ADM.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Really? Why not? If you're "absolutely certain" then put your reputation where your mouth is.

And if you're gonna call the lists "piss poor" (meaning at least 1/3 of the list is wrong) at least give me 35 examples of players that you think are incorrectly rated on one of the lists (and then do the same with the other list). Otherwise you are just flat out embarrassing yourself.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Really? Why not? If you're "absolutely certain" then put your reputation where your mouth is.

And if you're gonna call the lists "piss poor" (meaning at least 1/3 of the list is wrong) at least give me 35 examples of players that you think are incorrectly rated on one of the lists (and then do the same with the other list). Otherwise you are just flat out embarrassing yourself.
The only one embarrassing oneself is you here.

As LITN put it, it's incredible I'd have to argue about Lemar vs ADM.
Heck, you haven't given a single argument as to why ADM was better. Not a single one. I told you Lemar was better in L1 and CL. You refused to see it. It's not even close in fact.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People can call me arrogant, but when noobs come here and tell us we're biased because we disagree with outlandish statements while it's painfully obvious they haven't even seen the players they're commenting on, they're the arrogant ones.

Anyway, Falcao has been better than ADM. Fabinho too. Malcom as well. Thauvin as well. Sanson too.

Here is the list of players who brought more G+A than ADM throughout 2017 in L1 :
Cavani (42), Thauvin (32), Mbappe (30), Falcao (30), Depay (23), Fekir (22), Neymar (20, in half a season), Sala (19), Balotelli (18), Malcom (18), Ekambi (18), Lacazette (16, in half a season), Mariano (16, in half a season), De Preville (16), Santini (15), Mangani (15), Lemar (14), Sanson (14), Briand (14).

Let's also keep in mind than ADM is the one that is absolutely useless when his team hasn't possession, he doesn't even try to make a defensive effort. And let's also keep in mind he has guys like Cavani to pass to, so for a playmaker, having such poor stats is incredible (let's also remind everyone two things : 1/ he started most games in the first half of 2017, where he had a good stretch and 2/ Lucas has less playing time and has almost the same stats).

He's tied with Bamba, Delort and Sankhare.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
The only one embarrassing oneself is you here.

As LITN put it, it's incredible I'd have to argue about Lemar vs ADM.
Heck, you haven't given a single argument as to why ADM was better. Not a single one. I told you Lemar was better in L1 and CL. You refused to see it. It's not even close in fact.

I NEVER ever said ADM is better than Lemar. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I NEVER said ADM is better than Fekir either.

I NEVER even said that ADM is equal to either of them

I just disagreed with the fact that you should be 100% certain BOTH Lemar and Fekir are clearly better then ADM (though I agree both, as well as many others, had a much better 2017 then Di Maria who has been the WORST player on the pitch in same Ligue 1 games this season). It screams of ego and cockiness because even the best scouts in the world aren't 100% sure of their player evaluations.

Last edited:

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Still waiting for you to gave me 35 examples of players that you think are incorrectly rated on the FourFourTwo list, or 35 examples of players that you think are incorrectly rated on the Guardian list.

Otherwise stop calling something "piss poor" without backing it up.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I NEVER ever said ADM is better than Lemar. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I NEVER said ADM is better than Fekir either.

I NEVER even said that ADM is equal to either of them

I just disagreed with the fact that you should be 100% certain BOTH Lemar and Fekir are clearly better then ADM (though I agree both, as well as many others, had a much better 2017 then Di Maria who has been the WORST player on the pitch in same Ligue 1 games this season). It screams of ego and cockiness because even the best scouts in the world aren't 100% sure of their player evaluations.

"Worse still is that you have players like Di Maria who might just be the best player on EVERY other Ligue 1 team"
"There is plenty of evidence to suggest that ADM *may* still be better than Fekir and Lemar even though he had the worst half-season of the three. Either you are under-emphasizing non Ligue 1 matches, displaying recency bias or just showing bias of French players."

Plenty of evidence huh? :huh:

Nothing else needs to be said.
It's a useless debate, debate that shouldn't even exist. Lemar, Fekir and plenty of others are better than ADM. Waste of time to convince someone water is wet.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
As for the lists, just check the thread. Everyone finds them bad. I have no intention to waste any more minutes to convince someone of the obvious.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
"Worse still is that you have players like Di Maria who might just be the best player on EVERY other Ligue 1 team"
"There is plenty of evidence to suggest that ADM *may* still be better than Fekir and Lemar even though he had the worst half-season of the three. Either you are under-emphasizing non Ligue 1 matches, displaying recency bias or just showing bias of French players."

I was wrong. ADM is 100% not better than Lemar or Fekir. 0-20% chance I might still pick him over Fekir for a WC or CL final though.

That's probably why you aren't willing to agree to the bet. Cause you are not 100% sure you will win.

Last edited:

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
As for the lists, just check the thread. Everyone finds them bad.

You're wrong.

Based on the thread NO ONE has found them bad.... 80% of the FourFourTwo list has not been contentious with anyone so far. Same goes for 70% of the Guardian list.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I was wrong. ADM is 100% not better than Lemar or Fekir. 0-20% chance I might still pick him over Fekir for a WC or CL final though.

That's probably why you aren't willing to agree to the bet. Cause you are not 100% sure you will win.
Because it takes one special kind of idiot to bet on an internet site. Especially without anything to win. Nor any ability to determine who wins.

Everyone has found those lists bad.
First post? Laughs at the lists.
Second post? Says the voters are on drugs.
Third post? Criticizes the list.
Fourth post? Same.
Fith calls it awful.
Sixth? Criticizes the list.
Then a little chat about he previous post.
WBS continues with a criticism of the 4-4-2 list.

Then one single poster comes and defends one of the list. Who is it? Well YOU !

And so on and so son...

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
And yet no one including you can back up their criticisms by pointing out a sufficient number of poor player evaluations...

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You guys must see the collective goal PSG just scored at Rennes in Cup action (4-0 after 43 minutes).
That 4th goal is absolutely insane.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Can't get over that 4th goal. Ball inside their 6 meters after a set play, Rabiot playing with the ball inside his box, pass to Di Maria, flips to Verratti, who makes a volley pass to Neymar, pass to Di Maria who sends it across the box to Mbappe, gives it back to Neymar who punches it into the free net.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And that clip doesn't even show Rabiot in his own 6 meters playing in a comfort zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad