Waived: Lightning place Zach Bogosian and Gabriel Fortier on waivers | Update: both clear

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Colorado and Tampa Bay have short-term injury needs. (One executive mentioned St. Louis’s Malcolm Subban for the Lightning, because he was outstanding against their AHL team, Syracuse, in the playoffs.)

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Merela make it?
It's tough to say. The first day of the season can require some roster moves to put us in the best cap situation.

Also, Watson doesn't have a contract, and Merela is exempt from waivers. Different factors in play right now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think someone grabs Fortier. He's almost NHL ready, a team like Chicago could use him.
Fortier scored 11 goals with Syracuse last season. That may give teams pause.

Watson was scoring 20-25+ a year in the AHL.

If we wanted a goalie, Malcolm Subban, Aaron Dell, Colin Delia, Magnus Hellberg, Alex Stalock, Ivan Prosvetov and Martin Jones are affordable.

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Fortier scored 11 goals with Syracuse last season. That may give teams pause.

Watson was scoring 20-25+ a year in the AHL.

If we wanted a goalie, Malcolm Subban, Aaron Dell, Colin Delia, and Martin Jones are affordable.
Fortier is young, got speed, and does well enough defensively. For a team like Chicago who needs fillers, boom or bust types, Fortier kind of fits the mold.

Subban is the obvious choice IMO.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Fortier is young, got speed, and does well enough defensively. For a team like Chicago who needs fillers, boom or bust types, Fortier kind of fits the mold.

Subban is the obvious choice IMO.
But would Chicago put a claim on him, given the other waived players available?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Was Bogo really that bad this pre-season? I buy that Raddysh, Cernak, Perbix are ahead of him but why not keep him on as a healthy scratch? Lord knows Cernak is going to be injured and sharing some time with Raddysh against more physical teams I feel would be an asset.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Was Bogo really that bad this pre-season? I buy that Raddysh, Cernak, Perbix are ahead of him but why not keep him on as a healthy scratch? Lord knows Cernak is going to be injured and sharing some time with Raddysh against more physical teams I feel would be an asset.
Maybe is only to accommodate the cap space. Bogo is loved by his teammates but clearly is not the preference of the coaching staff. I took him over Raddysh or Perbix, more physical and more experience, but in the paper Copper doesn't like him.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Surprised to see Bogo waived, as I thought he was ahead of Fleury for sure. I'd say at least s 50/50 shot he's claimed. Just because JBB couldn't find trade interest for him doesn't mean much either, as while it could indicate most teams weren't interested, it could also mean some teams realized he had a higher % of being waived. Some GM's may have just decided to take thelr chances with a claim. Hope he clears and can still be a helpful part of the team(especially when the inevitable right side injury occurs), buy it wouldn't surprise if he's claimed by someone like Vancouver, Pittsburgh,.or even Toronto maybe.

Reactions: Renopucker

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Maybe is only to accommodate the cap space. Bogo is loved by his teammates but clearly is not the preference of the coaching staff. I took him over Raddysh or Perbix, more physical and more experience, but in the paper Copper doesn't like him.

I thought cap shenanigans too, but they are openly talking about how they tried to trade him. They did the same this offseason, I guess coaches/management see something different.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i mean it was just preseason but bogosian looked completely unplayable. we are trying to get faster as a team and he really sticks out

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I’d prefer to see someone like Jack Thompson or Liljeberg take a spot and learn in sheltered minutes than keep borderline old guard types- even if Bogo is a popular guy.

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I’d prefer to see someone like Jack Thompson or Liljeberg take a spot and learn in sheltered minutes than keep borderline old guard types- even if Bogo is a popular guy.
Lilleberg and Thompson both have 2 years on their contracts. We can afford to wait on them until next year.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
The fact they had Bogo playing quarterback on the power play had to make folks look up and go "huh". Now that reports are they were shopping him, it makes more sense.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Surprised to see Bogo waived, as I thought he was ahead of Fleury for sure. I'd say at least s 50/50 shot he's claimed. Just because JBB couldn't find trade interest for him doesn't mean much either, as while it could indicate most teams weren't interested, it could also mean some teams realized he had a higher % of being waived. Some GM's may have just decided to take thelr chances with a claim. Hope he clears and can still be a helpful part of the team(especially when the inevitable right side injury occurs), buy it wouldn't surprise if he's claimed by someone like Vancouver, Pittsburgh,.or even Toronto maybe.

One can hope. Thanks in advance if we do, after you guys gifted us Luke Schenn and JT Miller.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
One can hope. Thanks in advance if we do, after you guys gifted us Luke Schenn and JT Miller.
J.T. Miller was a move that needed to happen because of cap, and he wasn't being used well(nor performing that great in Tampa anyway). Considering the 1st Tampa got in return led to a key final piece in b2b Cup wins, I don't think Tampa is concerned about supposedly "gifting" Miller to anyone.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
The fact they had Bogo playing quarterback on the power play had to make folks look up and go "huh". Now that reports are they were shopping him, it makes more sense.
I read into that as it just being pre-season. If Serge and Hedman are scratched that night...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad