GDT: Lightning @ Devils - 1:00 PM - MSG, TNT

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Pride? Wanting to do it for each other? I don't know man, when I've worked for shitty bosses before and still did my job, and I wasn't in direct competition with someone and paid millions to do it.

Yup. You figure this team would not want to get it's shit kicked in at home on a semi-frequent basis. Personal and/or team pride you would assume would factor into it, ideally both.

Not sure if that is too much to ask for from professional athletes, even ones that are young.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Shoulder injuries get progressively worse and more likely to re-injure until you get surgery.

Jack can’t take contact, isn’t shooting as hard, and can’t control the puck as well.

I wouldn’t say it’s a precursor to him not performing when intensity goes up. It’s just the reality of someone playing through an injury that is radically affecting his game.

Jack had no problem with the intensity and physicality of the playoffs last year.
It depends if it was a dislocation or a separation.

Usually seperation’s don’t require surgery or needed. However, if it was a dislocation most of the time surgery is required because the dislocation causes ligament damages around the shoulder.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Back home from another loss. Really pumped up this morning and was excited about going. It was such a nice day. Made the best out of it.

Had an annoying fan call every player by his first name like family sitting behind me 6" from my ear.

Brutal breakout passes (some up the middle) with pillow-soft checking. Ruff's era has ended.

Jack Hughes might as well sit if he is hurt or do what he has to do.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
And it’s obvious teams are overloading Jack and yet our guys still try to get him the puck like he’s the only pro and they’re beer league players happy to be there. Shoot, move around and for gods sake go to where the puck will be

Their positioning is always wrong. In the D zone it’s why we constantly get hemmed in. We roll it around the boards but the opposition’s D is sitting there like it’s his apartment. We turn it over within 3’ of the blue line all the f***ing time.

On O, we get a shot or a dump in and more often than not that’s it - back out it goes - because our guys are NOT where the puck is going or likely to go.

Either the entire team is talented but low hockey IQ or the system has them in positions that don’t align to physics.

Fitzgerald being so quiet other than his sham promotion / extension presser is a disgrace.

Other things are not really worth revisiting:

- Tatar could have come back and he got greedy and f***ed around and found out.
- wood was heart and soul but penalties AND too expensive - but Nosek being slow and useless makes this hurt more
- McL is a bigger loss than people realize
- goalies weren’t out there
- Shara and Boq weren’t going to play here

I think there are only 3 games left before tournaments for Casey. Let’s get him in too while we have burned a season.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
If you have 16-17 B2Bs and you win only 1. Thats 15/16 losses just from B2B’s. They have little margin of error for anything else.

3 biggest red flags: Giving up the first goal/slow starts, the home record, and terrible game 2’s in the B2B. They are lifeless in game 2’s of B2B’s this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad