Post-Game Talk: Lightning at Rangers - October 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'd have to really think about it, but I think I could come up with 12-15 names on D I'd rather have than McDonagh. Maybe that's too high.

The real issue is, we've never really seen what McDonagh is capable of. Even this season. He's played with G and Holden.

Just imagine for a second if we could give McDonagh an actual partner.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I hope to god Gorton gets a defenseman that is actually a top 4D and not just a more presentable version of Dan Girardi or Nick Holden. It scares me that he traded for Holden so I don't know what to expect.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
People are becoming addicted to being angry. Every time you yell on the internet you get a little shot of dopamine to your brain. Our modern connected world gives us virtually unlimited opportunities to get our fix by railing against other people over the most trivial of things.

I took two years off from posting here (with limited lurking) and had never felt better. I came back only after promising myself I wouldn't get bent out of shape over the team or varying opinions thereof.

I do wish this forum had a more communal and self-depreciating culture, like for example the Deadspin commenting section. HFBoards has a very specific culture -- being right here is more important to most than being plain fun to chat hockey with.

Yeah, I still argue too much but at this point it's mainly that I'm frustrated at the hysterics people break into about this team and hockey. It feels like there's a very small minority on this board that actually likes the Rangers and enjoys watching hockey and most everyone else is just angry about everything.

I get frustrated when the team play bad but then I remind myself that hockey is approximately the least important thing in my life and that I shouldn't be letting that have an outsized influence on my mood or daily life.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I hope to god Gorton gets a defenseman that is actually a top 4D and not just a more presentable version of Dan Girardi or Nick Holden. It scares me that he traded for Holden so I don't know what to expect.

It's not Gorton's fault that AV is absolutely braindead when it comes to certain roster management decision.

How do you play a LHD who's best suited on the 3rd pair (or as the 7th d-man) on the 1st pair, AND his offside no less?

Even regular hfboard members wouldn't do anything close to that.

This is why I can't bring myself to hate Holden. He's being way mis and over used.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'd put mcdonagh somewhere between 14 and 17 on the best Dman list if I'm being realistic.

But he could jump to between 10 and 12 if he continues to play like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad