Recalled/Assigned: Lightning assign Waltteri Merela to Syracuse

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
He had a bunch of chances for goals and points, just didn't go in. He did everything right with his stint here and showed he can play in the NHL. He just needs to develop that offensive touch, not expecting him to be a 20+ goal scorer or anything, but he needs to bury some of those chances. Considering this was his first stint on NA ice, its quite impressive how well and quickly he adapted. Some AHL time in the top 6 will be good for him, and with injuries I fully expect him back in the lineup.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
He had a bunch of chances for goals and points, just didn't go in. He did everything right with his stint here and showed he can play in the NHL. He just needs to develop that offensive touch, not expecting him to be a 20+ goal scorer or anything, but he needs to bury some of those chances. Considering this was his first stint on NA ice, its quite impressive how well and quickly he adapted. Some AHL time in the top 6 will be good for him, and with injuries I fully expect him back in the lineup.

Not sure about that, Robert and Gonclaves performing well right now I can see either of them getting a shot over Merela depending on who's injured.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Not sure about that, Robert and Gonclaves performing well right now I can see either of them getting a shot over Merela depending on who's injured.
Yeah fair enough. Wouldn't be too bad to get both up to take a look at also. But fully agree, really depends on who goes down.

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Call Groshev next time?

But I dont think hes bad here, he needs more time, but what surprises me is how big and massive he is and how easily he fells on the ice, after hits,checking,scrums

Reactions: OffBy1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad