Player Discussion Lias Andersson

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Underrated signing. Either he helps our young guys in Laval or a becomes an NHLer

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Does anyone have any recent viewings from last year? I'm curious to see him tonight. He seemed to have finally found his game last year in the AHL. Former 7th overall pick. Could he be a serviceable 3rd or 4th liner?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Does anyone have any recent viewings from last year? I'm curious to see him tonight. He seemed to have finally found his game last year in the AHL. Former 7th overall pick. Could he be a serviceable 3rd or 4th liner?
Gorton didn't do well with that pick.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Not bad at all. I liked what he brought. Too bad he couldn't pot home that pass in the slot from mesar. I think 3rd period. But I liked his hussle and strength. He's a good callup for 4th line. Honestly I prefer him over Pezz, would rather Andersson get 13th spot.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Not bad at all. I liked what he brought. Too bad he couldn't pot home that pass in the slot from mesar. I think 3rd period. But I liked his hussle and strength. He's a good callup for 4th line. Honestly I prefer him over Pezz, would rather Andersson get 13th spot.
Analytically only Norlinder and Keeper had a worse game. Norlinder had a positive effect offensively at least. Granted, it's a single game and you can't really take analytics at face value in small sample sizes. As expected though, most of the NHL locks ended up positive. Davidson the only real surprise. Contributed both offensively and didn't hold the team back defensively where all the other AHL-bound guys did.
j6afdeevkwqb1.jpg

Reactions: PhysicX

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I prefer almost anyone over Pezzetta but din't think he showed much, a little disappointed in that.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Analytically only Norlinder and Keeper had a worse game. Norlinder had a positive effect offensively at least. Granted, it's a single game and you can't really take analytics at face value in small sample sizes. As expected though, most of the NHL locks ended up positive. Davidson the only real surprise. Contributed both offensively and didn't hold the team back defensively where all the other AHL-bound guys did.
j6afdeevkwqb1.jpg
It was weird, you saw 24 a lot
But it was weird seeing a #24 for the habs struggle so much defensively lol
Won't be first call up, but still good for Laval

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He thinks the game well, but he lacks strength for a 24 year old. Got outmuscled/outskated frequently last night.

First pre-season game though.

Reactions: jrom

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He thinks the game well, but he lacks strength for a 24 year old. Got outmuscled/outskated frequently last night.

First pre-season game though.
At 24 he is what he is, a career minor leaguer. Not sure what Gorton and his scouts saw to draft him way higher than he was slated to be picked.

Reactions: SupRocket

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
At 24 he is what he is, a career minor leaguer. Not sure what Gorton and his scouts saw to draft him way higher than he was slated to be picked.
Probably the .5 PPG in the SHL. They tried to rush him into the NHL too. Honestly his attitude probably was a bigger issue than his skill. He Drouin'd himself by declaring he was too good for the AHL. I wouldn't say it's too late for him, as even McCarron randomly became an NHLer at 26, but this is probably his last chance.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
How did he look vs the Sens?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
How did he look vs the Sens?
We have several better options. Much better options.

It was well off the board - he was considered to be a late first round pick everywhere. Not sure what the scouts saw there but where he is right now is basically in line with...a late first round pick.
The problem when you try to be the smartest guy in the room.

Last edited:

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Wonder how much he'll produce in the A this year. His teammate from last year, T.J. Tynan, seems like such a pass first guy ahah! His stats are quite interesting. 8 goals, 73 assists. You rarely see that. And it seems he's been like that all throughout his career.

Can he reach 30 goals again without this guy? It would be a great feat for him to achieve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad