Prospect Info: Lias Andersson - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm still bitter Esposito gave up the Rangers 1st round pick in 1988 to get Michel Bergeron as coach, a pick which could have been used to draft Jeremy Roenick.
Thank you very much for that little reminder.

I am also still aggravated about that Potvin slash and the Morrow OT goal in '84.

Oh, wait. Are we just talking about Ranger blunders here? Still bitter about the Middleton trade

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm still bitter Esposito gave up the Rangers 1st round pick in 1988 to get Michel Bergeron as coach, a pick which could have been used to draft Jeremy Roenick.
Roenick is a clown. Give me Brind'Amour or the Finnish Flash. :laugh: ;)

Reactions: Leetch3

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

roenick, brindamour and selanne taken with 3 consecutive picks. pick your poison

Reactions: jas

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
That immediately reminds me of the 2015 draft. Boston had 3 picks, and they drafted Shenishyn, DeBrusk and Zboril. The 3 drafted after that? Barzal, Connor and Chabot :laugh:

3a7.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Honestly, I do hope that Lias considers giving it another go w the NYR. I realize that ship may have sailed for a number of reasons, but the kid is 21 years old and the NYR have a pretty significant need at C.

Here's hoping. The SHL season will probably be like 70% done by the time the NHL resumes anyways. If he's killing it, he can burn the final year of his ELC in a shortened season with us and potentially get paid a lot more than he does in the SHL by the next year.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Here's hoping. The SHL season will probably be like 70% done by the time the NHL resumes anyways. If he's killing it, he can burn the final year of his ELC in a shortened season with us and potentially get paid a lot more than he does in the SHL by the next year.
Or alternatively, if he keeps this up over the next month, he could provide meaningful value in a trade at the draft/in the offseason, and do the same with his new team in a fresh start.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008

Been killing it in preseason. Hopefully they can repair their relationship and he can come over sometime soon.

Well, hopefully he can keep it up in the SHL regular season. I can only imagine the pace of pre-season in the SHL. But really all and any success he has is both good for his trade value and his confidence. I think a confident LA could play in the NHL some day. But it will all come down to reading the game, food speed and where his head is at.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Has he remained in contact with the team? Thats really the whole deal right now going forward if he ever plays for the Rangers again.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Still think he has a place and role on this team in a 3rd line situation.

He would help answer our bottom 6 dilemma
I don't think he has accomplished anything in North America that would lead me to believe he could be an effective 3rd line player at the NHL level. Consistently outworked and overmatched in his time with the Rangers and underwhelming in Hartford. But, it is nice to see the production thus far in the SHL even though it is only pre-season. Hope he continues this moving into the regular season and he becomes a solid piece moving forward, or at least increases his trade value so we can recoup something from what was the highest pick we had in many years, at the time.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think he has accomplished anything in North America that would lead me to believe he could be an effective 3rd line player at the NHL level. Consistently outworked and overmatched in his time with the Rangers and underwhelming in Hartford. But, it is nice to see the production thus far in the SHL even though it is only pre-season. Hope he continues this moving into the regular season and he becomes a solid piece moving forward, or at least increases his trade value so we can recoup something from what was the highest pick we had in many years, at the time.
I don't know about the "underwhelming in Hartford" part. When he first came over he was 19, had played a million games all over the place, and had 14 points in 25 AHL games. That would have been 42 in a full AHL season which for a 19 year old would be excellent. Then to start the next season he had 12 points in 12 AHL games shortly before being called up.

His problem was that he didn't want to be in the AHL and thought he belonged in the NHL getting more minutes, so he dogged it. That second season of his I commented that his effort was bad when he went back. It was clearly an issue last season before he quit. I think if he actually tried and gave full effort he'd be an excellent AHL player, since he was when he was actually trying his first two stints there.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
I don't know about the "underwhelming in Hartford" part. When he first came over he was 19, had played a million games all over the place, and had 14 points in 25 AHL games. That would have been 42 in a full AHL season which for a 19 year old would be excellent. Then to start the next season he had 12 points in 12 AHL games shortly before being called up.

His problem was that he didn't want to be in the AHL and thought he belonged in the NHL getting more minutes, so he dogged it. That second season of his I commented that his effort was bad when he went back. It was clearly an issue last season before he quit. I think if he actually tried and gave full effort he'd be an excellent AHL player, since he was when he was actually trying his first two stints there.
Yes, his first season was impressive for his age and I remember the optimism around here. Don't recall the 12 in 12 the next season, but if that's the case then he had 8 points in the following 24 games. Production dropped off even further last year when he started sulking and demanded a trade. For me, a steady regression and poor attitude is underwhelming. Point being, he has not shown anything in North America that would lead me to believe he could be an impactful 3rd line player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad