Levshunov is comparable to ? Demidov is comparable to ?

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think that's a pretty good comparison. I think Demidov reminds me somewhat of Kaprizov.
Kaprizov is elite fast.....and talented....don't think Demidov is in the same league speed wise.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
He is just laying the groundwork to say how Davidson is dumb and made a bad pick so that when Eiserman scores some goals in NCAA next year he can continue saying how stupid it was.
Yeah I guess its one of those "I told you so" type of takes where the person waits 5 years to brag about how they were right and you were wrong, but when it doesn't come true, they completely ease it from their memory.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Kaprizov is elite fast.....and talented....don't think Demidov is in the same league speed wise.
Kaprizov is about as "elite fast" as Bedard.

This is a direct stat pull from the entire season and they are very similar with Bedard actually hitting a faster maximum speed of 22.73 mph vs. Kaprizov's 22.64 (essentially the same).

For context, McDavid hits over 24 mph, MacKinnon is similar with over 24 mph.

From all the tape I've seen, I would say Kaprizov is actually a very good comp for Demidov. Creative edgework and space creation in the offensive zone and attacks the net similarly.

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
I've heard Demidov compared to Nikita Kucherov. After watching that I would be pleased with Chicago taking him.

Mjul Qvist

Nov 28, 2009
I've heard Demidov compared to Nikita Kucherov. After watching that I would be pleased with Chicago taking him.

Kucherov (5´11 winger) played MHL in his draft year. Slipped to second round (58th overall) even that he had record breaking U18´s that spring (Russian factor played role there too). Played in MHL too his D+1 year and scored almost with same pace there that Demidov did this year. And eventually became the best player from that 2011 draft class.

Who knows how good Demidov will be but no one should question his potential. Sure there are some concerns around him (The Russian factor etc.) but with these young players who doesn´t? I think comparing Demidov to Kucherov is a bit stretch but Demidov has all the tools to become very effective player in NHL.

Reactions: Faceboner

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The guys on The Sick Podcast on YouTube this morning (Orspect Talj# 53) trashed Levshunov being raked in top 3von many lists...say heviscocer-rated...do not lije his decision-making...NOT t overly physical-nasty ...say his ceiling s a only 3-5 dman...

Say he got most of his points vs. Weaker teams in NCAA..
Compare hom to Zach Bogosian..

Will play in NHL but not goibg to star in a 2-2dman role.

Lion13

May 7, 2024
For me lev is a risk and by far not the best D prospect in this draft. When I see lev I see at the best ceiling jones , ( a lower tier #1 D) Floor likely Bogosian minus the gristle, and most likely scenario = a ristolainien type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad