Lets talk about William Nylander.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
That's too much.

A Brown type of contract is more like it. You got to be a go to guy. He has not shown he is this series.
Amen! If they pay him over 6 for this crap then we have POOOOOOR management

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
2 points of note

1) very high chance that matty is playing hurt , whats willis reason?

2) this was willis season to earn his contract, it ain't mattys

Far as i can see WNs camp wanted this season to show more so they could make more, say compared to Ehlers camp

best as i can see, i'm not even sure that he has earned a Ehlers level contract and not even in the same conversation as a Pastrnak.
Why hasn't he earned an Ehler's contract? They are about as close as two players get. People need to stop pretending like Ehlers is this god and Willy's a bum. Also no he has not earned Pastrnak money, that is obvious. As good as Pasta is there's a good chance he's a major beneficiary of Marchand and Bergeron.

Reactions: Menzinger

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

He's got to be more engaged than that. Has got world class skill but maybe he needs more tough love, I want to see a monster off season from him cause I know he can be way better.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
All I know is that this is really year two in the playoffs and the kids are either still in their ELC or just finished. There are still plenty of times of time for them to reach the potential that we think they are capable of.

All this soft stuff most stop. Willie is not going to skate like a racking ball.

Like I said in my previous post, my concern has more to do with Matthews and Willie lack of overall effort.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
That's too much.

A Brown type of contract is more like it. You got to be a go to guy. He has not shown that in this series.
The regular season still exists. I'm sure Nylander has gone strexhs like this in the regular season too.

Well, i don't agree with that sentiment but many here have made that claim and to be honest

the way management treated our pending UFAs, they kinda gave that signal also.
That's the signal management sent me atleast. Coach talks about adding help for the playoffs. Trading picks for 4th line upgrades. Wasn't happy about it, bit I came to terms with it. Maybe you're right and that's not what's going on, just looks like it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah Nylander's been invisible. He and Matthews probably both need to be split up and given 2x hard work rate wingers to match with.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005

He's got to be more engaged than that. Has got world class skill but maybe he needs more tough love, I want to see a monster off season from him cause I know he can be way better.

He’s afraid plain and simple hues no mats sundin. He will only produce in the reg season.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Why hasn't he earned an Ehler's contract. They are about as close as two players get. People need to stop pretending like Ehlers is this god and Willy's a bum. Also no he has not earned Pastrnak money, that is obvious. As good as Pasta is there's a good chance he's a major beneficiary of Marchand and Bergeron.

hyperbole much?

ah yes and willi is playing with those scrubs Matthews and hyman.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017

He looks scared. All the time with the puck this series. Constantly looking around to dish it off rather than hold onto it, dumping it into the corner non-stop or taking a useless wrist shot that misses the net.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

man that's pretty incriminating to be honest. I feel like a lot of it is a confidence thing, but he truly has to get tougher

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yeah Nylander's been invisible. He and Matthews probably both need to be split up and given 2x hard work rate wingers to match with.

I truly don't know whats wrong with willi

but these POs should have been his coming out party

seeing his camp is trying for that big payday contract.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yeah, we need to break up what's not working at least. Not that I'm blaming one for the other, but they have got stale. Put Willy on a line and tell him that it's up to him to drive his line, he can't defer to others. Preferably at center. He's back to being passive again, and that only seem to be a problem for him when he plays wing.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yeah, we need to break up what's not working at least. Not that I'm blaming one for the other, but they have got stale. Put Willy on a line and tell him that it's up to him to drive his line, he can't defer to others. Preferably at center. He's back to being passive again, and that only seem to be a problem for him when he plays wing.

When they're both going they connect for some pretty high octane offensive punch. But when they're not they seem to mutually reinforce each other's weaknesses.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He looks scared. All the time with the puck this series. Constantly looking around to dish it off rather than hold onto it, dumping it into the corner non-stop or taking a useless wrist shot that misses the net.

I think part of the problem is he’s always looking to make that game breaking play, when sometimes he’d be better off making a less impactful “tactical decision” ie like just keeping the puck in the opponents zone rather than always looking to make a scoring chance type pass on every play. Because sometimes when that “big play” option isn’t readily available he gets frustrated and disenages too soon.

Some folks around here interpret this as being “soft” but I’m not so sure that’s the case.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
When they're both going they connect for some pretty high octane offensive punch. But when they're not they seem to mutually reinforce each other's weaknesses.
My feeling is that they sometimes get into these periods where they lose their dynamic, they wait for how they usually produce offense rather than adapt to game situations. Hyman is supposed to go get the puck, Nylander is supposed to get it from him, and he is supposed to find Matthews. And they all wait for the other guys to do their parts. They stagnate.

Bergeron is likely back for Saturday, so I'll reiterate what I've said from the start. Spread our offense even more. Go four lines deep, get Matthews out there for extra shifts. Make it hard for them to suffocate us. And keep the speed up, both ways. To be honest, our forwards have taken so many shortcuts in their responsibilities.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That's too much.

A Brown type of contract is more like it. You got to be a go to guy. He has not shown that in this series.

This is nonsense, and you know it.

Four games don’t suddenly erase back to back 60 point seasons.... or his play during last years playoffs.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The regular season still exists. I'm sure Nylander has gone strexhs like this in the regular season too.

That's the signal management sent me atleast. Coach talks about adding help for the playoffs. Trading picks for 4th line upgrades. Wasn't happy about it, bit I came to terms with it. Maybe you're right and that's not what's going on, just looks like it.

Well the way i see it

Sophomores

Matty
Andy
Willi
Marns
Zait
Hyman
Brown
Carrick

Rooks

Dermott
Kappy
Johnsson

I'm not sure why management thought this was a wise year to "go for it".

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Reputations are made in the playoffs.

You get paid if you preform in the playoffs.

Nylander is a better player in the regular season.

You do not pay top dollar for that.

If you really want to get paid, you need to show up for both seasons.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

He played well last playoffs.

Nylander’s play for just 4 game suddenly doesn’t make him a 2 million dollar player.....

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

How did carey price get 12m then?

Nylander will get 6 or 7m a year

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Nylander will get minimun 6m and you know it

No actually, i don't know it.

20g+41a,, when your center is a elite sniper

and utterly going invisible in the POs does not lead me to know anything.

25+34a last season earned Ehlers 6m(that kicks in next season) and he followed it up with a 29G+31a season

willi has what? 22g,,20g seasons,,,Ehlers 25g,,,29g seasons?

so we gave willi a extra season to try and earn Draisaitl money and he failed to keep up with Ehlers level out put.

So no, i don't "know" he will get 6m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad