Rumor: Letang set to be traded. HERE IS THE SOURCE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I can't believe Rossi was Rossi enough to suggest Letang could only stay if he agreed to a salary around 6 mil with a limited no trade clause. That's barely a step above what Mark Steit, Denis Wideman, etc received as UFA's.

He is such a joke. That said, this kind of piece from the Pens' PR arm makes me think that the wheels for a Letang trade already in motion. Might as get ready for it at this point. Don't agree with it, as they could easily keep Letang if they let go of the team's vastly overpaid garbage goalie but he's one of the boys so that's not an option. The possiblitly that the team will keep Fleury over Letang should drive any rational fan a bit insane.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Well Rossi said that his agent and Shero haven't been in touch when they're actually meeting tomorrow so...

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Also trading Letang makes trading Morrow look even worse since he was the only guy in the system that could reasonably replicate what Letang brings.

A Letang trade that isn't a vast overpayment would just be the next in a series of bad moves that Shero has made from the trade deadline till now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Trading away Morrow is another reason that I'm skeptical that Shero will actually move Letang.

It doesn't make sense.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
His reasoning is sound, but this is

a) not a rumor (not your fault, Rossi and his editor's)
b) the dude is frothing at the fingertips as if to eke this non-rumor in before Molinaro scoops him (which won't happen unless Shero decides to actually trade him)
c) this is really sensationalistic
d) this is nothing I didn't hear from Rossi on Madden months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad