Pre-Game Talk: Let 2018 begin: Blackhawks vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Glass first off....nothing like rewarding a goalie for letting weak writer in from the blue line like giving him another start. Q just needs to go.

This is not me saying Forsberg has been good, it is me saying Glass is not good and shouldn't be starting.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I wish every Blackhawk played with the intensity we usually see from Hino.

As someone already mentioned, hopefully by inserting Hinostroza on line one it will prompt Toews and Saad to up their pace.

Any word on the defensive line-up?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Forsberg has let in plenty of weak goals, not really seeing much difference between him and Glass at the moment. Without Crawford our goalie is likely not going to carry us to wins, the rest of the team needs to step up.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Glass first off....nothing like rewarding a goalie for letting weak writer in from the blue line like giving him another start. Q just needs to go.

This is not me saying Forsberg has been good, it is me saying Glass is not good and shouldn't be starting.

Neither should be starting. Glass paid his dues to get to the NHL and since they are both mediocre, he’s giving Glass a chance to establish himself at least as a Leighton like emergency backup option. Forsberg needs to watch a 32 year old journeyman take away his ice time for awhile too. If there’s a chance of him stepping up and improving, this should be the catalyst. If he comes back in after Glass is gone and keeps up with what he was doing, it’ll make it easy to cut him loose. Plus, the team likes playing for Glass.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

You have been pretty critical of Glass. Wrist shot or not, that was a helluva snipe. Would you be as critical if CC had let that one in?

Forsberg has been okay at best.... and not aggressive enough for my liking - it is that aggression that I like about Glass (so far).

Any word on Berube? He may be better than both.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Forsberg is better than Glass. He has let in his share of weak goals but there is no reason Glass should be playing over him right now unless he is sick. Q is just being a shit coach, simple as that.

Glass get to establish himself? No thanks.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You have been pretty critical of Glass. Wrist shot or not, that was a helluva snipe. Would you be as critical if CC had let that one in?

Forsberg has been okay at best.... and not aggressive enough for my liking - it is that aggression that I like about Glass (so far).

Any word on Berube? He may be better than both.

You think that was a snipe? I will go take another look at that shot but it looked weak as shit to me.

I really haven't been that critical of Glass to be honest except for when he has made mistakes.

They are all same when it comes to critiquing them for their play.

Glass is out of position a lot due to that aggression. If you mixed Forsberg and Glass's aggression you would have an ideal amount.

FYI, I didn't see your post till after I posted so it is not a response to you (post above this).

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
There is absolutely no reason glass should be starting tonight but then again there's no reason for a lot of the shit Q does so it's hard to be suprised at this point.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Forsberg is better than Glass. He has let in his share of weak goals but there is no reason Glass should be playing over him right now unless he is sick. Q is just being a **** coach, simple as that.

Glass get to establish himself? No thanks.
You are making too big a deal of this one. Glass has played in two games, was very good in one of them and ok in the other, and we have 3 points out of 4 on the road with him in. Forsberg is 2-13-3 in his career with a .891 save percentage. Glass is not exactly playing over Patrick Roy here. They both stink, its like choosing between dog poop and cow dung. We have bigger issues with Q.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Rewatched the goal. It was not a floater but that is a terrible goal to give up. A writer from 5 feet above the circle? Not a snipe at all in my opinion.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You are making too big a deal of this one. Glass has played in two games, was very good in one of them and ok in the other, and we have 3 points out of 4 on the road with him in. Forsberg is 2-13-3 in his career with a .891 save percentage. Glass is not exactly playing over Patrick Roy here. They both stink, its like choosing between dog poop and cow dung. We have bigger issues with Q.

I am not making a huge deal out of it at all.

Just pointing out the stupidity of Q.

Forsberg had 3 or his last 5 games where he posted a +95% save percentage. One has a future with the team and the other doesn't. It makes no sense to play Glass, literally none.

This is just part of the bigger issue with Q.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
There’s something wrong with Forsberg that he could do so well in the AHL and crumble under NHL lights. It should be fixable but nobody knows what to do to get him to snap out of it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There’s something wrong with Forsberg that he could do so well in the AHL and crumble under NHL lights. It should be fixable but nobody knows what to do to get him to snap out of it.

Playing time is the key. Can't snap out of something when you don't play.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Playing time is the key. Can't snap out of something when you don't play.

As far as I know, Crawford isn’t even practicing. This is the start of 6 games in 11 nights then a week off. I imagine that unless Glass has a great game tonight, Forsberg will get his shot very shortly.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Q is not coaching for developing future talent, in his mind he is coaching to win as much as he can now and save his arse.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Q is going with the goalie who hasn't lost in regulation. I'm okay with it.

As for the Glass aggression comment. Sh*t like that happens when the team is so poor in front of him. Rebounds are going to happen and the puck watching Hawks are terrible at retrieving and clearing those rebounds. That is when Glass has got out of position but he has also stopped most of those 2nd and 3rd chances... and yes, he has been lucky at times but it beats sitting back and being helpless to stop those rebound chances. I like the fight in Glass' game.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Q is not coaching for developing future talent, in his mind he is coaching to win as much as he can now and save his arse.

Exactly, and is one of my pet peeves that Q doesn't look to the big picture of the approaching PO's. Instead, the team enters the PO's ill-prepared for the marathon about to follow.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I wish every Blackhawk played with the intensity we usually see from Hino.

As someone already mentioned, hopefully by inserting Hinostroza on line one it will prompt Toews and Saad to up their pace.

Any word on the defensive line-up?
I get you love Hino, but that's a little much.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I get you love Hino, but that's a little much.

For Hino:

giphy.gif

Just having fun @BobbyJet, I like him a lot too.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Exactly, and is one of my pet peeves that Q doesn't look to the big picture of the approaching PO's. Instead, the team enters the PO's ill-prepared for the marathon about to follow.

If you are talking about developing young players, I agree. On the other hand, I know you and others have been critical of the "country club" which was 100% designed to have players better prepared for the playoffs.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Q is going with the goalie who hasn't lost in regulation. I'm okay with it.

As for the Glass aggression comment. Sh*t like that happens when the team is so poor in front of him. Rebounds are going to happen and the puck watching Hawks are terrible at retrieving and clearing those rebounds. That is when Glass has got out of position but he has also stopped most of those 2nd and 3rd chances... and yes, he has been lucky at times but it beats sitting back and being helpless to stop those rebound chances. I like the fight in Glass' game.

Fair enough.

I disagree on who should start but that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad