Let’s talk about: Wyatt Johnston

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
This dude reminds me of another stud in the Central division.. Marco Rossi, They are going to be great for years.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucker101

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Watching game 6 in both OTs, every single time Johnston was on the ice I felt a breath of relief for Dallas because he just tilts the ice. Stankoven and Robertson as his wingers ain't too bad either
Stankoven kinda overshadowed for sure. IMO if they don't go out and draft both of those guys in the same year we're not talking about the Stars the same way at all right now. They were a good team that was starting to get older, but now they've got a major play driver and a serious depth piece working on ELCs. Massive boost.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Stankoven kinda overshadowed for sure. IMO if they don't go out and draft both of those guys in the same year we're not talking about the Stars the same way at all right now. They were a good team that was starting to get older, but now they've got a major play driver and a serious depth piece working on ELCs. Massive boost.
Around 2017, they were a decent team at the top of their roster with poor depth and weak goaltending, 2017 Draft solves issues.

Around 2021: Veterans getting older, but still solid roster, albeit just merely decent depth, 2021 Draft (Johnston & Stankoven plus using Grushnikov in Tanev trade) solves issues.

Jim Nill is truly Him Nill

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
His IQ hockey is phenomenal. He's all over the ice. His positioning is never incorrect. He plays very well over 200 feet. A real Patrice Bergeron.

The coach seems to trust him completely in all situations, even at the end of a playoff match. I've never seen that for a young person of that age.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Wyatt's already spectacular and you can see the drive and hunger in Stankoven. If Bourque is anything like what he appears in the AHL at the NHL level, watch out.

Pavs will be missed but man it's hard to say that Dallas will be worse next season if both he and Duchene are gone as long as those 3 are here.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010

Don't think we quite have the talent for that declaration. Yet...

We're definitely going to be in a Cup window for the next 2-3 years at minimum. Could be longer depending on how Nill is able to maintain the quality of depth.

Honestly I think as long as we have Heiskanen and Oettinger, we're always gonna be dangerous.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Is that clip on youtube or something? I'd be really interested in watching it.

EDIT : GO TO THE POST BELOW...

I was able to find the FIRST hour (it is a 2 hour show) but not the 2nd - the second, IIRC, was when they discussed how deep the Stars are...

Maybe TSN?...

www.tsn.ca

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Is that clip on youtube or something? I'd be really interested in watching it.
Found it...

From 18:39 on they are talking about the Stars / Oilers series. In there, they mention the amazing drafts picks Dallas has scooped up.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Found it...

From 18:39 on they are talking about the Stars / Oilers series. In there, they mention the amazing drafts picks Dallas has scooped up.
@Orr Fourever

You're a good man. Thank you for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad