Let’s talk about: Wyatt Johnston

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He's really developed nicely as a player. There was some media coverage when he first started with the Stars that included his parents and it was very heart warming. This put him on my radar screen and he is an easy player to root for. He's in a great spot and he should have a very productive career. He plays a game suited for a bigger player so he will have to pick his spots to avoid injury.

larsen361

Sep 15, 2022
He's really developed nicely as a player. There was some media coverage when he first started with the Stars that included his parents and it was very heart warming. This put him on my radar screen and he is an easy player to root for. He's in a great spot and he should have a very productive career. He plays a game suited for a bigger player so he will have to pick his spots to avoid injury.
He’s never missed a game in his NHL career and his body is only maturing more and getting stronger. He plays a bigger game in terms of getting to the greasy areas but I think I’ve seen him take maybe 1 or 2 big hits in his career - the guy is methodical.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My fantasy league team did well with him and Thomas Harley, this year.

I had both as well. My league is 16 players, we keep 5 for next year. Johnston will be a keeper for me. If I'm not mistaken I believe he was the highest scoring 20-year old in the league this past season. In a 2021 redraft I think he goes 1st overall. Sure, 5 years from now Owen Power might be some 6'6 monster on D and the clear No.1. But right here today, it looks like Johnston is the best player in his draft class.

Reactions: ORRFForever

larsen361

Sep 15, 2022
What is Johnston's ceiling? Could he be a 90 pt guy?
He just put up 65 points averaging exactly 17 minutes and on PP2. If you’re talking possible ceilings he could be a ~110 point guy. He shoots a ton (little over ~3 shots/game) and has been quite consistent so far at 15%. He’s a big game player, thrives in the clutch, is very consistent. If you look at his production d+1 to now I’d wager it’s quite similar to many current 100+ point guys

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
I had both as well. My league is 16 players, we keep 5 for next year. Johnston will be a keeper for me. If I'm not mistaken I believe he was the highest scoring 20-year old in the league this past season. In a 2021 redraft I think he goes 1st overall. Sure, 5 years from now Owen Power might be some 6'6 monster on D and the clear No.1. But right here today, it looks like Johnston is the best player in his draft class.
It's still early, but he's definitely showing he should have been a top 5 pick for sure.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Wyatt Johnston with 2 points, tonight. Stankoven with 1.

Dallas is loaded with young (Canadian) talent.

As a Leaf fan, I've been pitching the idea of trading Marner for Stankoven and Bourque.

laugh-movie.gif

In the words of that car commercial that's getting a lot of airtime during these playoffs, "dream on". :sarcasm: :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad