Injury Report: Less than 5 minutes into his Jets debut, Aaron Rodgers is carted off with injury - season ending torn Achilles injury

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
As someone fully expecting the Rodgers era to end disastrously for the Jets, even I wasn't expecting it to potentially crash that soon.
Agreed. I gave them a 0% chance to go to the SB in the pre-season. Rodgers has only been there once.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The videos I’ve found are zoomed in and grainy, but it does look like an Achilles injury to me.

a) Looks like Rodgers calf muscle does pop upwards, which happens with an Achilles tear. Even if the video is grainy and inconclusive, next comes:

b) The tackle is a perfect opportunity for a Achilles injury. Rodgers is moving forward on the front of his left foot when the tackle not only pushes the angle of his left leg further forward. It also drives the heel of his foot to the ground, increasing stress on the Achilles tendon. If it is an Achilles injury this is the exact sort of tackle where you’d expect it to happen.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
If he is done who is out there, they can trade for and who would fit into cap?
The Jets seemingly have around 10 M of cap room.

So I don't see who they can add that's a fairly big name via trade. These QB's all have fairly significant cap hits.

This defence is terrific. Zach Wilson is awful. They have to do something. Even confused Carson Wentz or old man Rivers might be a real upgrade at this point, lol.

Reactions: Elvis P

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Most of the time when you see a player go down with a torn or ruptured Achilles they are in major pain. Rodgers got sacked but got up pretty quick.

Then felt that something was off.

Wait and see though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The trade conditions were a 1st round pick in 2024 if ARod plays 60% or more of the jets offensive snaps. Otherwise it’s a second rounder.

In terms of games 60% of 17 is 10 and 1 quarter. So if ARod is out 6 games he’d have to play almost every snap coming back to hit 60% of the snaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad