Value of: Leon Draisaitl

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I can't think of a cup winner without an elite defenceman, like ever. Maybe back to 1974 Flyers...but I'd bet against Leafs bucking a 44 year trend

Even if true, it doesn't mean anything - the cup winner is usually one of the best teams and you don't often see the top teams with a mediocre defense core. But it does happen (Pittsburgh). I agree though, the Leafs D is pretty weak, but it wouldn't be the first time a weak blueline won a cup and it won't be the last.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
Not saying I’d do it, but Boston absolutely needs a centreman. Specifically one in Draisaitl’s age/skill level.

The best days of Krejci are gone. Bergeron won’t last forever either. After those two it’s throw rookies to the wolves time or put Backes in a time machine to when he remembered he was one too.

And don’t say Kuraly. I like his motor but he’s a 4th liner for life

Ryan Donato who had 12 Points in 9 games last season also plays Center.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Ryan Donato who had 12 Points in 9 games last season also plays Center.
True. But it’s asking a lot out of a group of kids to fill in on 1st or 2nd lines if either of their two senior centreman get hurt.

A guy Draisatl’s age is what they are missing.

Blame Chiarelli really. There should have been one in the pipeline in that 25-27 age range already. Well there was, but he hangs out in Dallas these days.

Anyway it’s irrelevant as this guy will never be a Bruin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad