Leon Draisaitl is one of the best playoff performers in NHL history

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Things no one has ever looked up or cared about until the Leafs fans need for mental gymnastics to shit on Leon.
I wouldn’t even say just Leaf fans. Plenty of antagonizing people on here that will nitpick on the dumbest shit because they cant accept history being made in front of their very eyes with a team they so dearly hate.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Draisaitl has 97 pts in 58 playoff games

The Leafs' Gods Matthews (55 GP) and Marner (57 GP) have a combined 98 pts

There shouldn't ever be a list where Matthews is above Draisaitl even if he's Toronto's God
you could have just said hes really good at hockey and deserves to be considered as one of the greatest playoff performers without bringing your insecurites into a conversation that has nothing to do with toronto or its players.

Reactions: Kerberos

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
you could have just said hes really good at hockey and deserves to be considered as one of the greatest playoff performers without bringing your insecurites into a conversation that has nothing to do with toronto or its players.
I blame ESPN for that comment lmao

Reactions: shortfuze

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wouldn’t even say just Leaf fans. Plenty of antagonizing people on here that will nitpick on the dumbest shit because they cant accept history being made in front of their very eyes with a team they so dearly hate.

Yeh there’s more than just Leaf’s fans. But the most vocal and especially the ones who push the dumbest narratives like “hasn’t faced an elite goaltender in the playoffs yet” is for sure coming direct from Leaf’s nation. That specific narrative borne out of Leaf’s fans feeling like Matthews and Marner keep getting “goalied” in the playoffs despite the fact that they iust plain choke in the playoffs cause they can’t handle the pressure of playing in front of the most toxic market in hockey.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Round 1 and 2 merchant is a new one.
Also, Markstrom was an elite goalie 2 yrs ago. Ask him how it went in playoffs vs Drai.

His team is in playoffs after another 100 pt season..
Look at the team's goalie, bottom 6 and the defense..
Pretty sure Drai is making his team better
They want him to be making the saves that Skinner should be making, the trades that Holland should be making, and giving back the money that Katz owes the Hope Mission from his own pocket.

Fraud pp merchant otherwise.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They want him to be making the saves that Skinner should be making, the trades that Holland should be making, and giving back the money that Katz owes the Hope Mission from his own pocket.

Fraud pp merchant otherwise.
The goalposts will move until he wins a cup. Dunno what people would reach for if that happened; would probably say the team he beat in the finals wasn't good enough or something.

Last edited:

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
The goalposts will move until he wins a cup. Dunno what people would reach for if that happened; would probably say the team he beat in the finals wasn't good enough for something.
I can already see it.

Easy path to the cup, McDavid took the brunt of the match-ups, Vancouver had no goalie, Dallas went through the hardest bracket and the East was weak.

Oh and the referees too. I’m happy that I’m able to take off the glasses and enjoy hockey. Cheering for Matthews to get 70 as a Senators fan makes hockey fun. What am I suppose to cheer for, Korpisalo to make a save? Lmfao

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Exactly. It's a desperate attempt to discredit a player and the argument is never used in good faith.

Draisatl doesn't have what it takes to win but Phil Kessel does. McDavid is lacking but ROR isn't.

It's completely nonsensical

Exhibit a of arguing in bad faith

What does Phil Kessel have to do with this? You're the one arguing in bad faith with these fallacies.

The fact is Draisaitl hasn't won a game past the 2nd round. A major component of being a good playoff performer is having the endurance to though out the grind day in and day out for 2-3 months. How can we accurately judge Draisaitl's abilities as a playoff performer when he's never gone deep in the playoffs, let alone proclaim him to be the best playoff performer ever. Ridiculous.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
What does Phil Kessel have to do with this? You're the one arguing in bad faith with these fallacies.

The fact is Draisaitl hasn't won a game past the 2nd round. A major component of being a good playoff performer is having the endurance to though out the grind day in and day out for 2-3 months. How can we accurately judge Draisaitl's abilities as a playoff performer when he's never gone deep in the playoffs, let alone proclaim him to be the best playoff performer ever. Ridiculous.
Whether it's inability or refusal to understand that it's a team game, it really is staggering.

Why do the "real" playoff performers suck so much in the first two rounds?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Drai

There Phil Kessel comment was not directed at anyone in specific. Kessel is regarded as a playoff performer because he was a key cog in two cups.

Perhaps you can help me understand your "why isn't he making his team better" comment? Would the Oilers be better off with draisatl out of the lineup?

I can already see it.

Easy path to the cup, McDavid took the brunt of the match-ups, Vancouver had no goalie, Dallas went through the hardest bracket and the East was weak.

Oh and the referees too. I’m happy that I’m able to take off the glasses and enjoy hockey. Cheering for Matthews to get 70 as a Senators fan makes hockey fun. What am I suppose to cheer for, Korpisalo to make a save? Lmfao
Haha honestly just enjoy the game. These guys lose sleep when the Oilers have a good game. It's a sad, small way to watch sports

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He’s incredible at offense absolutely top of the world, in a completely different league, but the Oilers will never win the Cup playing that style in the playoffs. The stuff going on with Vancouver isn’t gonna work out for them either. This series is fun to watch but it isn’t serious playoff hockey that wins cups.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Mcdavid is 27 has 96 points in 60 games played
Draisailt is 28 has 100 points in 60 games played

Save to say that the ''struggling '' is simply wrong.
Both players are completing eachother perfectly and also had a way better offensive team compared to when they were younger.
yep, yep, and yup

Drai

There Phil Kessel comment was not directed at anyone in specific. Kessel is regarded as a playoff performer because he was a key cog in two cups.

Perhaps you can help me understand your "why isn't he making his team better" comment? Would the Oilers be better off with draisatl out of the lineup?

Haha honestly just enjoy the game. These guys lose sleep when the Oilers have a good game. It's a sad, small way to watch sports
it's pure envy .....couldn't be more obvious

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
When I think of great performers I think of guys like ROR over Tarasenko , Peca over Hemsky or in this series Miller over Lindholm/Hughes.

This doesn't make any sense though as ROR had way more points than Tarasenko and dido Miller over Lindholm/Hughes.

Who exactly is outperforming Drai on the Oilers?
Performers play the toughest roles and get you into later rounds. Points are one of the products of your performance.
I think you are avoiding or don't understand that teams advance not individual players.

But that's common with this false notion that players aren't great unless they win a SC, some people don't understand math with 32 teams and team construction.

Reactions: majormajor

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Bad faith is leaving the what has drai done to make his team better bomb.
The fact is Draisaitl hasn't won a game past the 2nd round.
I guess would matter in tennis but hockey is a team sport right?
A major component of being a good playoff performer is having the endurance to though out the grind day in and day out for 2-3 months. How can we accurately judge Draisaitl's abilities as a playoff performer when he's never gone deep in the playoffs, let alone proclaim him to be the best playoff performer ever.
Look he isn't the best ever but his offensive output is simply all time elite, your noise suggesting otherwise is just that noise.

Ridiculous.
Sums up this post eh?

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Look he isn't thee sbt ever but his offensive output is simply all time elite, your noise suggesting otherwise is just that noise.

Sums up this post eh?
See pal that's why I defend you against angry oiler fans. Good poster

Reactions: wetcoast

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Genuine question: What are his stats in round 3? I'd wager lots of the alltime greats PPG is insanely high in round 1-2 and then drops off the later the playoffs go. Draisaitl could be a round 1-2 merchant and he obviously has basically never faced an elite goalie in playoffs yet.

Round 1 & 2 merchant is classic. The guy has 23 points vs two top ten defensive teams in the NHL this playoffs. Yeah, yeah Vancouver has a third string goalie but Nashville didn't seem to light anyone up

The one elite goalie that they victimized so badly that people stopped calling him elite and their star forwards left town

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Look he isn't the best ever but his offensive output is simply all time elite, your noise suggesting otherwise is just that noise.

Sums up this post eh?

:clap::clap::clap:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Round 1 & 2 merchant is classic. The guy has 23 points vs two top ten defensive teams in the NHL this playoffs. Yeah, yeah Vancouver has a third string goalie but Nashville didn't seem to light anyone up

The one elite goalie that they victimized so badly that people stopped calling him elite and their star forwards left town
Draisaitl has made the third round once, had six assists in four games for a 1.5 PPG in a series his team got swept in by arguably the best team the league has seen in the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad