Proposal: Leon Draisaitl For Ryan Ellis

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Parayko is a fairer deal and saw a STL fan who would've been interested in that.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Well it definitely would have to be overpayment for NSH to move Ellis. We don't have anyone to replace Ellis, so unless you want another Hall for Larsson, I don't think there's a deal to be made.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Well it definitely would have to be overpayment for NSH to move Ellis. We don't have anyone to replace Ellis, so unless you want another Hall for Larsson, I don't think there's a deal to be made.

This ^

It would take alot to convince DP to move Ellis at this point. In 2-3 years when our defensive prospects are getting close maybe, but not now.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Draisatl won't be moved at all until Edmonton knows what they have. Draisatl was a sub-0.5 ppg player for the second half of the season after putting up insane numbers for the first half of the year. He is worth way more to Edmonton than he is to the league at this point.

At this point Ellis for Drai isn't far off, but Edmonton would be silly to sell low. All young players need to be established to really have value.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I like Ellis, but dear god no. We shouldn't need to trade Draisaitl to fill our last hole on the blueline, and if we were going to make a trade to do so, we have other assets to do it with.

We overpaid for one RD, and we had to. Now, having Larsson, it isn't nearly so crucial for us to fill that hole. We aren't bent over the barrel nearly as badly as we were a week ago, and shouldn't need to pay the "desperation rate".

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Please just close this thread. Nothing good can come from it.

Agreed... we have discussed the potential center/Dman trades to death between the Oilers/Preds posters.

Subban, Josi >>> Draisaitl > Ekholm > RNH > Ellis... and Nashville is not trading any more Dmen unless you overpay big time.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
NAS fans say fair because of Hall deal, EDM already over paid for one dman so they are not going to do it again. I would just sign Wiz cheap for one year and call it an off season for EDM and see how the team plays
Lucic, McD, Eberle
Pouliot, RNH, Puljujarvi
Maroon, LD, Yak
Kaissan, Let, Hendricks
Pak, Lander

Klefbom, Larsson
Sekera, Fayne
Davidson, Wiz

Talbot, Gust
Big question is can we stay healthy for once

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Drai is a such a stud. Paryenko for Drai makes the most sense and both have similar upside. Still can't believe Reinhert was drafted ahead of him.

Reinhart and Bennett were rated higher in the scouting rankings. For me it was Ekblad>Draisaitl>Bennett>Reinhart.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
It's definitely the type of overpayment we'd need to consider moving Ellis, but it's still not enough for Edmonton, and Nashville doesn't have any one to replace Ellis.

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
do you think Chia would do this straight up? would you? or would there have to be ++ from one side or the other or both? the Oilers would get a puck moving RD they still need.

There would have to be add ons

Take out Draisaitl , add in Fayne , Ference and a 3rd.

To Edmonton
Ellis

To Nashville
Fayne
Ference
Edmonton 3rd in 2019

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad