Leo Komarov hit on Gostisbehere

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I believe the comment was about how its not hard to see where some fan bases get their rep.

and that's from a fanbase that idolized a piece of garbage. they've made a habitnif that over the years. assembling teams full of garbage like Carrillo, Hartnell, Ben eager, etc etc. the flyers have made a point over the years of employing some of the biggest goon squads and embarrassing pieces of trash like Clarke, eager, and Carrillo as they can. flyers fans lives them.

and then you have flyers fans commenting on the "narrative" regarding the flyers and their fans.
You're way too riled up about this. Take a lap and settle down.

All franchises have examples of players that occasionally crossed the line. Even your beloved Leafs. Or are we just going to pretend that guys like Domi and Tucker were angels?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This thread is off it's rails.

Leo deserved a penalty, maybe 5 minutes, maybe kicked out. I could care less if he gets a suspension honestly. The Leafs next 6 games are against the West anyways.

Philly got the win. Hopefully Ghost won't be lost for too long. Move on.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
C'mon Leafers

Our deuces stink too.

If Komarov's hit was dirty... call it out. If Domi's elbow on Niedermayer was gutless and a cheap shot... call it out. If Kadri cross checks the head of Glendining.... call it out.

Otherwise we sound like the Canuck fans that made pathetic attempts to justify Bertuzzi's actions.

Reactions: Spazkat

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Payback? How the hell in your right mind can you justify Komarov's hit on Ghost? Get your head out of your ass please:help:. I very rarely get upset but when I see a dumb statement like that I have to respond in kind. I have a feeling that deliberate attempt to injure Ghost is going to cost Knmarov. Either by the league or when he faces the Flyers again. If he feels that bad about the Gudas play I hope he has the balls to drop his gloves.

So angry that you interpret payback as justification? I think and said that Komarov should be suspended for the hit.

I'm not saying it's justified. I said what I thought the reasoning was. Stupid and dirty behaviour by Komarov but I think his motivation was based on poor officiating on an earlier play by a fellow dirty player (Gudas) that led to a goal.

That doesn't mean that I think Komarov was "justified".

Calm down

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Back on topic. It was a dangerous hit and warranted at least a penalty. I would not be surprised if a suspension is given and I would not be upset by it.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Pretty indefensible hit. Another example of the refs giving the big finger to the flyers this year. I mean it's not even like this could be considered clean in any respect. He only ever can see numbers, he's 5ft from the boards and he drills him. If this was Gudas it would of been 10 games.

Gutless.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Dumb no call; We wouldn't want those hits on our guys.
Refs should be fined more than Komarov for missing it. Frigen stripes find ways to get in the way,call stick slashes - but miss a guy going nose first into the glass....

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Leo is going to miss some games for that one. Like most i was shocked the arm didn't go up.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Unsure how Gudas is relevant here... at least most reasonable Leafs fans recognize it was a reckless hit. Was it the worst hit ever? No. It still doesn't mean this kind of hit is okay if the league is serious about player safety.

I didn't bring up Gudas, he's been mentioned all thread.

But yes should be 1-3 games. Bad hit

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Also what an underwhelming game by Toronto and Matthews. Living in Canada TSN hypes this team up waaaayyyy too much

Not every game can be their best game. Matthews was fine and multiple times pulled moves that make you think " that kid is incredible". 2 cross bars and a missed interference call were the difference tonight.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That looks like textbook boarding. Wish I could say I'm surprised by the lack of penalty on the play, but this is the NHL where the rules are made up and the discipline doesn't matter.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007

League looked at it. Didn't see a problem. Lot of huffing and puffing about a nothing play.

He should have been suspended. This is just the league protecting the officials. Suspending him would mean that the officials were wrong and the league doesn't like doing that. I hate that. Officials should be held accountable for errors and praised for good calls.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad