Leo Komarov (By The Numbers)

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He's been utterly useless. He's not hitting he's not skating he's not first guy in on the forecheck he's not scoring

He needs to see more bench and that's about it

been pretty disgusted with his entire game.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
He's been utterly useless. He's not hitting he's not skating he's not first guy in on the forecheck he's not scoring

True. He has been pretty useless out there. Maybe last season would have been the right time to trade him. Hindsight is 20/20.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Problem is Kadri+Komarov get the match up duties, so offense will be tough to come by in that role, and last year was a fluke offensively for him.

I wish Komarov would at least bring the physicality on a more consistent basis (not at the risk of taking himself out of the play though either).

moon111

Oct 18, 2014

Funny how he doesn't hit....

...and is 4th in the league.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Komarov isn't low skill. He is one of the most versatile forwards we have on our roster.

He is absolutely low skill. How is he versatile? Because he gets played in all situations by Babcock? Big deal.

He plays pretty much the exact same way Hyman does. He won't improve that line.

he has been better than Hyman or at least equal. His current line is tasked with shutdown first and foremost and he still has 3 points, Hyman is with our pure offense line and has 1 point. Add to that they play near identical games, Hyman's ceiling is probably Komarov (without last seasons points). Komarov could stand a little more intensity. I would rather Leivo or Soshnikov with them as would most but if we need a grinder there try Komarov

edit: all this i meant to say put him with Matthews line to raise his value,

Wow a whole 3 points?

Komarov also gets a lot of PP time, Hyman doesn't.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I don't care that he scored yesterday, growing increasingly annoyed with the slagging off of Komarov. He was thrust into a top line top pp role last year in order to tank of course he would have a bumper offensive season.

What komo does isn't sexy but it's very important. Trust me we would have no shortage of teams lining up to add this player to their team. He is not putting up the points but has still been a core part of this team. He is playing just fine and doing his job.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He is a 3rd line grinder. He won't put up offense, but his PK, board play, hits and defense make up for it.

Ideally you have a more offensive 2-way player playing with Kadri

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I don't care that he scored yesterday, growing increasingly annoyed with the slagging off of Komarov. He was thrust into a top line top pp role last year in order to tank of course he would have a bumper offensive season.

What komo does isn't sexy but it's very important. Trust me we would have no shortage of teams lining up to add this player to their team. He is not putting up the points but has still been a core part of this team. He is playing just fine and doing his job.

As I said in the OP, I don't expect Komarov to put up points.

I think he's a great player, and can be incredibly valuable.

I have not been impressed with his play through the first 14 games, and that has nothing to do with his offensive production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad