Injury Report: Lehner (right knee) Lankinen recalled on emergency basis

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
That's an old picture.

qTN-4Ff9aqaRE-1568299891.jpg

Well he's already wearing an Indian head so maybe this means something?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Not gonna start thou, but back up rather, right?.

who Lankinen?

it will be Coreys crease for sure having said that I hope he gets a game or two in before too long, I want to see him in NHL game action.

the hawks next B2B is not till Jan 14-15 and I hope we see him prior to that...

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
If Robin is returning soon and Lankinen is only going to ride the bench, I think it is a bit of reward as he will collect NHL pay for those games. Delia gets paid the same regardless and is making 1 mill a year.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Best case, Lehner is too hurt to play the rest of the season, signs a cheaper extension, and doesn't ruin our chances at an amazing draft pick, like he is currently doing.

Hawks draft top 5, sign Lehner to 5yr 6mil extension and make a run for it next year or year after.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
who Lankinen?

it will be Coreys crease for sure having said that I hope he gets a game or two in before too long, I want to see him in NHL game action.

the hawks next B2B is not till Jan 14-15 and I hope we see him prior to that...

He snatched Finland a World Championship gold as a starter. Finland had a weak roster last spring in the WHC facing stacked RUS, SWE and Canada was full with NHL players as well, but not going to say stacked Canada. Some people would get mad probably lol.

Anyways. I'm feeling like he will be a permanent top-2 goalie of Blackhawks or for any other organization if Blackhawks trade him away ever (which they shouldn't).

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been impressed every single time I've watched Lankinen play. Athletic, fundamentally sound, great angles, aggressive...

Reactions: Muffinalt

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
wooohooo,

Lehner looks like his injury is not a long term deal...he was at practice today and was in the net taking shots and in the butterfly in the clip shown....

excellent news!!!

I still want Lankinen to get a game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad