Confirmed with Link: Lee Stempniak traded to Pittsburgh for a 3rd round pick in 2014

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Third round pick is still more than I was expecting give how similar players (Penner) went for less. Pretty good deal.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Haha, Burkie stockpiling picks just like he did when he started with Toronto. A 2nd and a 3rd for Berra and Stempniak is great value.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I would have taken a 4th, so a 3rd is pretty good news. Good on Burke for sticking to his guns. It'll make it easier to negotiate trades in the future. Everyone knew they could bend Feaster over in trades. Not the case with Burke.

JulianHopper*

Just a 3rd, a little surprised at that. Should have gotten a current prospect with that in return I would have hoped.

Good luck Lee.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Not bad at all, would look much better if we didn't get a 2nd for Berra, which was just bizarre so...

Hope he does well. I don't like the Pens much but he's a great guy and always hustles.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Burke did good with Berra and Stemps today, glad to see.

Good luck to Stemps, did what was asked of him and never complained. Will miss the Whirling Dervish comments, though.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Good luck to Stempniak, really liked him on the Flames. Hard nosed worker. Hope the pens win the cup.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Can you guys give me a quick run down of how he's been playing?

He is unreliable, but he has potential and there is nothing to suggest that he won't improve with time and coaching. Has big save and big game ability, but also has the ability to let in softies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad