Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

hockeyfanOU812

do you feel in charge?
Mar 27, 2014
On the bright side the Rangers have been playing great hockey even without him, and since he is past the infectious stage he can't infect anyone moving forward and should be back int he lineup soon.

On the other hand there is the possibility of him having already infected someone else on the team (unless he was previously isolated) so there unfortunately may be that.

Luckily the team has good depth and has recovered well from the early season injuries, IMO this won't be too big a setback especially with the goalies playing as well as they have been lately.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Stepniak is the 17th player in the NHL to be diagnosed with the Mumps, and I'm sure there were a few other players who had it but weren't officially diagnosed.

Mumps cases have dropped to fewer than a 1,000 a year in this country.

If the total of players on the active rosters of the NHL were considered the United States, then the recent outbreak would be equivalent to the entire state of New Jersey getting the mumps.

Very Odd.

AHB*

It sucks, but it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. They miss a few games and that's it. Stempniak is back on the ice today and could potentially play tomorrow, although my hunch is they'll sit him for one more game with how we've been playing.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
It sucks, but it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. They miss a few games and that's it. Stempniak is back on the ice today and could potentially play tomorrow, although my hunch is they'll sit him for one more game with how we've been playing.

My only concern is that this has been going on for months now. When the hell is this going to be over? The offseason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad