Feb 28, 2012
Because I was curious and looked it up. In the Seattle expansion draft:
Sundqvist was protected
Walman was not.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
One game, And Sundqvist and Walman are already paying dividends.
Amazing how another team's spare parts are so much better than the bottom half of this roster. Just the skating alone makes them look more useful.

I don't think Juolevi gets a QO, I think Walman already won that spot and Staal probably gets re-signed if Stevie strikes out in free agency. Staal still skates better than Juolevi.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Aside from the fact that any non-Yzerman pick would be a relative loss... Lafontaine was really, really good.

For sure. He was not Yzerman, but based on his injuries and the teams he played on, people today don't realize how good he was. He has since been surpassed by the likes of Chelios, Modano, and Kane but at one time was far and away the best US-born player.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Leddy already has 7 points in 14 games with the Blues AND he is a plus 3. Was the guy even trying for the Wings? He will forever be one of my biggest failures for the Wings. I was actually excited to get him.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Leddy already has 7 points in 14 games with the Blues AND he is a plus 3. Was the guy even trying for the Wings? He will forever be one of my biggest failures for the Wings. I was actually excited to get him.
I think he started off really well with us, but somewhere along the line he went into "I cannot wait to get traded" mode. But yeah the Blues are much better than us and I'm sure he got that new team surge.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
We give for him second , we get for him second + 2 NHL players. Probably Hronek and Seider learn something from him also , I don't think I could agree with you

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Leddy plays to the level of the team.
Even on the Islanders, he was like this.
Didn't help that he was third on the team in PP TOI (among D)

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, the Blues are a much better team. They only have a handful of minus players on the team. They can cover for his weaknesses and slot in him where he should be.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yeah, the Blues are a much better team. They only have a handful of minus players on the team. They can cover for his weaknesses and slot in him where he should be.

Tells everything how teammates are the most important thing to any hockeyplayer.

With good linemates bad players look decent. With bad linemates decent players look bad.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Leddy plays to the level of the team.
Even on the Islanders, he was like this.
Didn't help that he was third on the team in PP TOI (among D)

Also his partner‘s style factors into it. In NYI he was paired with a defensive d. In St.Louis he’s paired with a defensive d. In Detroit he was mostly paired with an offensive d.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
He gave up on Detroit in the end, so him playing better on a team that can actually win a cup isn’t surprising at all.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I was watching the game last night, or the night before, I don't recall, but Leddy took a stick to the eye and i'm glad it seems like he's okay.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Leddy gave sort of a dis-interested vibe from day 1 tbh. I didn't think much of it at first but as the season wore on I think it was exactly what it seemed like, a guy doing the bare minimum just waiting to go somewhere else.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Yeah, Leddy gave off "I don't want to be here" vibes from day one, and it only got worse after he was immediately surpassed by the rookie he was supposed to mentor.

I was glad to see the back of him because I suspect he wasn't a great locker room presence.

Unfortunately, until the Wings start doing more than the bare minimum to build a competitive roster guys like Leddy are all we will get.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
And the word “offensive” here is not being used in the sense that the paired player was geared towards producing offense. It’s 110% meaning that watching the paired player would offend you and anyone else subjecting themselves to that torture.

It was an unintentional double entendre.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Leddy gave sort of a dis-interested vibe from day 1 tbh. I didn't think much of it at first but as the season wore on I think it was exactly what it seemed like, a guy doing the bare minimum just waiting to go somewhere else.
This. I think we agreed on pretty much this same thing recently. But yeah. Leddy didn't want to be here. He gave shit effort and provided shit results. Pretty lame.

Leddy is the perfect example of a passenger. He has a Stanley Cup ring as possibly the biggest passenger on that Hawks team, he was a passenger in Detroit, and he's been a passenger everywhere in between. Our pro scouts dropped the ball on that one.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
What is this interview some of you are talking about from around the beginning of the season where you got the impression he doesn't want to be in Detroit?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
What is this interview some of you are talking about from around the beginning of the season where you got the impression he doesn't want to be in Detroit?
Pretty sure it was the first interview he gave after being traded to Detroit. But it was also several interviews after that too. He's kind of a lot key guy to begin with, personality-wise, but his interviews were often the epitome of a guy who is unenthused.

It's the kind of thing a player is probably only going to disclose in private, so we'll likely never know. But his attitude in interviews, his performance, and his demotions by the coaches all point to this being the case to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad