Confirmed with Link: Leddy & Simpson to Isles for Brennan, Pokka, & rights to Nilsson

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@MarkLazerus: #Blackhawks RT @StapeNewsday: Official: #Isles acquire D Nick Leddy from CHI for D Ville Pokka, D T.J. Brennan and G Anders Nilsson.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Ok so.. I'll go weak to best. Nilsson sucks, Brennan had an excellent AHL year, he only played in training camp so thats weird and Pokka is a beast. Sad to lose him but we trying to make the playoffs and are deep as hell in prospects so whatevs.

member 151739

Ok so.. I'll go weak to best. Nilsson sucks, Brennan had an excellent AHL year, he only played in training camp so thats weird and Pokka is a beast. Sad to lose him but we trying to make the playoffs and are deep as hell in prospects so whatevs.

Ugh. Thanks Kev.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Good to hear about Pokka and Brennan. Seems Nilsson will fit in just fine with the rest of our goalie prospects (meaning that they are all terrible).

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Pokka was a borderline first in the 2012 draft. I'd say that's pretty damn good value.

Played on Teravainen's WJC team.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
As an Isles fan, I was very high on Pokka. I liked him better than Pulock so i'm really hoping Leddy is good. Haven't seen him play, what was the consensus on him?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Heard a lot of good things about Pokka, and Brennan was amazing in the AHL last year, who knows if that translates though. Don't know much about Nilsson, but he adds depth at G

HawksFanTim

Jul 17, 2013
Washington DC
As an Isles fan, I was very high on Pokka. I liked him better than Pulock so i'm really hoping Leddy is good. Haven't seen him play, what was the consensus on him?

Decent 2nd pairing Dman. Excellent skater, a bit weak in his own zone. You guys will probably like him sad to see him go.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Pokka is good. I don't see this being the only move the Hawks make though. Rockford is over-flowing with D now. There's not enough ice-time, especially if/when Van Riemsdyk is re-assigned.

(Van Riemsdyk)
Dahlbeck - Clendening
Pokka - Johns
Brennan - Svedberg
Barker - Fournier
Miskovic

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Fast, amazing skater, good on the point, doesn't mix it up fighting for the puck, disappears in the playoffs. Ton of potential.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Basically Leddy for Pokka

Meh ,, I like Pokka so i am fine with this

Nilsson development went off rails and he bolted to KHL and Brennan just sucks

Ever seen Brennan play? He was excellent in the minors last year.

Not a bad return for you guys.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I wonder if Leddy will be paired with Boychuk? I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Pokka was ranked #41 on Corey Pronman's top-100 NHL prospects list. Without posting the whole thing, Pronman says Pokka was a finalist for SM-Liiga Dman of the year and while he doesn't have a ton of flash, he's a very smart Dmen who plays well at both ends.

Pokka put up 27 points (6G, 21A) in the Liiga last year, and was +32. He's 20.

sketch22

Jul 18, 2011
Does anyone know if Pokka is staying in the States or if he is heading back to Europe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad