Least excitement for start of a season?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think they have chemistry despite Appleton

So let nino play right
Every line Nino is on gets a boost... at this point I think perfettis line needs his net front and Barron needs more chemistry with our pkers

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Jan 1 st (2024)…….

Jets are 22-9-4 after 35 games .686 winning percentage; tied for 3 rd overall

-6 games b4 the mid point mark of the season
- 1 home game against T.B. Tomorrow
- 4 road games out west
- 1 home game against Columbus (trap game….)

The Jets have appeared to have over achieved in the 1 st half of the season. I had them as a wild card team fighting for the chance to be blown out by either Vegas or Colorado….,in the 1 st round (same as last year).

Happy New Years!!!

Let’s keep it going …!!!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'd love to see someone (who isn't me) list the historical numbers since 2018 for Ehlers - Scheif and Connor - Scheif.

I have a feeling the Ehlers Scheif combo is much better at tilting the ice.
pretty sure it usually has been equal or better. 18-19 i remember prominently ESW being unreal to start the year. Ehlers got hurt and CSW was pretty lackluster to bad.

with this year, i've felt the 2nd line has lost quite a bit oomph when ehlers has been playing top-line.

iafallo-names-perfetti 2.05 GF/60
ehlers-names-perfetti 3.19 GF/60

well ya duh, iafallo is not where close to ehlers. imo when connor comes back id play him with those 2 and see if they can pop off.... but i've loved the play of the top-line of ehlers-scheifele-vilardi but could go w/ either config.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
pretty sure it usually has been equal or better. 18-19 i remember prominently ESW being unreal to start the year. Ehlers got hurt and CSW was pretty lackluster to bad.

with this year, i've felt the 2nd line has lost quite a bit oomph when ehlers has been playing top-line.

iafallo-names-perfetti 2.05 GF/60
ehlers-names-perfetti 3.19 GF/60

well ya duh, iafallo is not where close to ehlers. imo when connor comes back id play him with those 2 and see if they can pop off.... but i've loved the play of the top-line of ehlers-scheifele-vilardi but could go w/ either config.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Ehlers-scheif- Vilardi has run its course to an extent? Next to nothing from them the last three games. They had a hot run for 3 weeks that frankly was unsustainable and that is proving out. Vilardi has looked out of sorts and has turned a lot of pucks over and Scheif has been extending shifts again and none of them have a point in the last 3. They also have looked terrible on the PP. Doubt they break it up soon, but they will have to at some point.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Ehlers-scheif- Vilardi has run its course to an extent? Next to nothing from them the last three games. They had a hot run for 3 weeks that frankly was unsustainable and that is proving out. Vilardi has looked out of sorts and has turned a lot of pucks over and Scheif has been extending shifts again and none of them have a point in the last 3. They also have looked terrible on the PP. Doubt they break it up soon, but they will have to at some point.
Bowness challenge this year is to keep Scheif on track... while the team fell apart last year I think the challenge is to keep guys from trying to do too much this year- not too worried

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
edit: toi was 144mins for 27-55-81; 1061 for 55-81; 577 for 27-55

1704220492411.png

Attachments

• 1704220492362.png
    1704220492362.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 2

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
edit: toi was 144mins for 27-55-81; 1061 for 55-81; 577 for 27-55

View attachment 794439

Soooo - regardless of the other 2, Ehlers is the play driver.

You make a great factual argument, it will all just depend on what the coach does.

JMO but I would leave the current 1st line alone and put KFC with Perf and Names when he gets back. They are both more playmakers than finishers. They need a finisher. They are both good defensively which is KFC's weakness.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Soooo - regardless of the other 2, Ehlers is the play driver.

JMO but I would leave the current 1st line alone and put KFC with Perf and Names when he gets back. They are both more playmakers than finishers. They need a finisher. They are both good defensively which is KFC's weakness.
Yep, but, what will happen is Kc will go back on 1st line.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yep, but, what will happen is Kc will go back on 1st line.

It wouldn't surprise me but if ESV gets hot again I think Bones will leave them alone.

It is not a bad thing if Ehlers ends up with Names and Perf but I don't think either line is as good that way. Still 2 pretty good top 6 lines.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The line is still generating chances, just not as many, and they're not going in at all. But they're also giving up less defensively and dominating the shot attempts and xGs. Nearly 70% xGF means they're doing something right. The biggest difference is they went from shooting 20% as a line from December 11 to the Christmas break, to shooting 0% in the 3 games since.

Reactions: kellhunter

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
The line is still generating chances, just not as many, and they're not going in at all. But they're also giving up less defensively and dominating the shot attempts and xGs. Nearly 70% xGF means they're doing something right. The biggest difference is they went from shooting 20% as a line from December 11 to the Christmas break, to shooting 0% in the 3 games since.

What about after tonight’s game?

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Exciting Season? For me, yes. Very, very exciting.

I am not a fan of the kind of hockey that we had under Paul Maurice. You can make an argument that it is exciting to have systems that allow the other team to own you in your own end, and to live in the slot right in front of your goal tender in order to fire at will. Just by sheer volume of bad chances you give up, you will undoubtedly get some exciting saves sprinkled in with tons of goals against. Then you can argue that it is exciting to have to open up the game, make it into a track meet in order to try to offset the sheer number of high danger chances that you are consistently giving up, always chasing the game. I guess you can even argue that it is exciting when you are losing a hockey game and have to pull your goal tender because you are going to lose. Maybe there is even an argument to be made that it is more exciting to overplay play your tired first line, and don't play your forth line. Doing so should result in more scoring chances even if it is against you. Clench level exciting in that case.

I much prefer the excitement that comes with tight, effective systems that work in harmony with effective player utilization, short shifts, balanced ice time between lines, to reduce to a minimum the high danger scoring chances that you give your opponent. Reduce odd man rushes, take away the slot, force shots from the outside/perimeter/angles. And a high pressure game where you strive to be always taking away time and space, force turnovers and quickly go the other way. To me that's exciting. Systems that pull offensive contribution from guys that historically just don't score like your defensive defensemen. The extra bonus is that you feel excited when you look at the standings and realize that yes, this is how the truly good teams with effective coaches and systems play.

Least exciting? For me most exciting. Go Jets Go!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Our season mirrors Carolina and Florida's to an extent. The Oil though. Damn.

I think the Canucks are in for a bit of a PDO reckoning. Battle for 8th in the West looks wide open

I should not have mocked the oddsmakers when they had edmonton at 45% and they were like dead last
I predicted them for the Cup final. I hope someone takes care of them so we don't have to. Playing the Oilers is just 60 minutes of sphincter clenching. Couldn't do that for 2 weeks.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Our season mirrors Carolina and Florida's to an extent. The Oil though. Damn.

I think the Canucks are in for a bit of a PDO reckoning. Battle for 8th in the West looks wide open

I predicted them for the Cup final. I hope someone takes care of them so we don't have to. Playing the Oilers is just 60 minutes of sphincter clenching. Couldn't do that for 2 weeks.
Oilers will be the team you don't want to face in round 1 - one of their garbage goalies will.catch fire

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Oilers will be the team you don't want to face in round 1 - one of their garbage goalies will.catch fire
Unfortunately the west is going be a gauntlet. If the playoffs started today based on point percentage the Predators are the only team I would say couldn't make a cup run on the Western side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad