League of Legends - Spring Split Playoffs Continued

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Simpsons episode airing tonight is about league. :laugh:

Bart gets addicted to "Conflict of Enemies" and ends up on an esports team.

Riot even did some consulting and Phreak did some lines.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's like the game tries to troll you sometimes.

Had an Illaoi go 0/8/0. Look them up after the game. Unranked, 7 games, 17% winrate, 0.61 KDA.

Why is this person in a low gold game?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrb1p

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Pretty awesome series between Fly and GGs today. Game 4 was nuts.

I'm cheering for Fly as a second team. Three Canadians and I've always liked Pob.

Also is there any better feeling than getting to 98lp, losing, then winning and ending up at 99lp? :damnpc:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Reapered just hard trolling.

Knew TSM was going to reverse sweep the second C9 prioritized J4 and gave over Reksai in game 4.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ayyy. Made it back to Gold again.

Promos were looking bleak when I lost the first game with my top/jung/mid going 0/17/0, but had three relatively easy wins in a row after.

I swear Nami is secret OP at least at lower ELOs.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's happening again.

Leveled a smurf to learn ADC on last season. Almost done placements and I'm about to get placed higher than where I've climbed to in ~100 games on my main account. 12.3 KDA, 100% wr on Ez right now haha.

I don't know if I'm a better ADC than I am Supp or if it's just a lot easier to climb on AD.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Any of you have an old account that theyre ready to give away ? In Bronze or lower, or in the 20s-ish ? I'm looking to boost one of my noob friends so I can boost him with my real account.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
fccc8e5c0e9f66cbb58087269f9a3774.png

Hmm...something tells me I should stop playing Thresh...

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The level of professional play is so low right now. But hey, coinflip games result in upsets and the people love upsets so all is good.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
Really not a fan of teamfight tactics so far

Last edited:

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I've been having so much fun with TFT. Super addicting, easy to play with friends, and I don't have to deal with teammates having a hissy-fit in chat. I've played with a few buddies a few hours pretty much every day since it came out, and I had barely touched league in the past two years before that. Some things are really, really strong (Sejuani, Glacial comps, Yordle comps) but I've won with a few different ones and never feel like I HAVE to go one way or another.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Really not a fan of teamfight tactics so far

I just don't like it as much as DAC. TFT is far too item dependent, and the items are WAY too RNG. They just released some item balance changes on PBE, but it'll probably be 2-3 weeks before those are live, if ever.

As for normal league, I'm really struggling to stay positive and actually enjoy games. Seems like every 2-3 games I get someone who's either trolling, inting, or just flat out sucks. And all it takes is this one person to ruin the game, no matter how fed the rest of the team is. It's beyond frustrating and makes me really not want to play the game, but it's so addicting at the same time.

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I really, realllllllly hope riot does something to fix ranked this season, they need to hand out way more bans. Not week long bans or anything like that, but more of a "I just solo lost this guy his promos, I have to win 10 normal games to be allowed to play ranked again." Yeah they will have a lot of angry players but who cares, they need to do literally anything to make ranked competitive again.

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Loving TFT ranked. Ranked is so chill when you aren't relying on 4 players on your team not to feed, although RNG can hold you back, I'd say most games are decided 90% by skill. Playing ranked without promo's feels a lot more satisfying. You can play for 1st place for big LP gains, or play a safer comp to land top-4 and just slowly climb. I'm currently Gold 1 and should be able to hit Plat this week unless I take a really huge slide.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Loving TFT ranked. Ranked is so chill when you aren't relying on 4 players on your team not to feed, although RNG can hold you back, I'd say most games are decided 90% by skill. Playing ranked without promo's feels a lot more satisfying. You can play for 1st place for big LP gains, or play a safer comp to land top-4 and just slowly climb. I'm currently Gold 1 and should be able to hit Plat this week unless I take a really huge slide.

The lack of promos is so nice, too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yep TFT has completely won me over. Just started the ranked and went in blind haha...was placed in Iron IV but I'm up to Silver I now. There is rng involved but it reminds me a little of poker; the better players still finish high most of the time.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So to follow up on that I don't get a lot of chances to really play games that much, but I'm up to Plat 3 on TFT. The game mode has me completely addicted. Anyone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad