Wings:
3rd round pick 2021
50% retention on Staal

Leafs:
Marc Staal @~1.5 AAV

Ducks:
Staal 50% retetion (~1.5ish)
6th rounder 2022

Pretty simple. Leafs add a vet D for depth incase of injuries in the playoffs who can also be good in the room. Pay a couple of late picks to get him retained. Ducks gain a free asset just for cap space. Any team can replace the ducks here.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wings:
3rd round pick 2021
50% retention on Staal

Leafs:
Marc Staal @~1.5 AAV

Ducks:
Staal 50% retetion (~1.5ish)
6th rounder 2022

Pretty simple. Leafs add a vet D for depth incase of injuries in the playoffs who can also be good in the room. Pay a couple of late picks to get him retained. Ducks gain a free asset just for cap space. Any team can replace the ducks here.
Seems like a pretty high price for a vet depth dmen... just grab hutton/mdz type

Reactions: banks

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Henry and Susan won't let this happen from anaheim's side. We're already against the cap wall.

Agree with this. But they also have let Bob Murray ruin the franchise the past 4 years wasting players prime. So who really know if Susan and Henry give a damn

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
they give a damn about one thing. the money.

You willing to watch this team on the ice after covid? I certainly won’t like I use to. I’m still debating if I want any mini plans next season. If Zegras is there I might. Other than that I’ll watch NBA and Football

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
You willing to watch this team on the ice after covid? I certainly won’t like I use to. I’m still debating if I want any mini plans next season. If Zegras is there I might. Other than that I’ll watch NBA and Football

If I still lived in Anaheim, yeah. I'll settle for driving up to DC or Raleigh every so often though and catching them when I fly back out to Anaheim for family.

Reactions: WidgitRibbit

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Same reason foligno is worth a 1st same reason Savard worth a 1st
Staal is nowhere close to those players. Hes a bottom pair d and not a very good one. Start a poll asking if Staal is worth a first, you will get laughed at.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
True, Tampa was desperate, Staal's numbers are every bit as good as Savard's So Staal at 50% retention should return a 2nd then.

giphy.gif

Reactions: MisterT

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Detroit is happy to move Staal who has actually played well for us.

I know everyone was expecting him to be a dumpster fire... He isn't. He is not worth his salary though.
And thus the double retention I think would be required to make him work. But at 1.5M. He would be a solid add.

However I expected Merrill to be worth more... So who knows. I would be happy if we can get ANY pick for Staal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad