Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win: Van Ryn's System Brings Nirvana

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Q) What do these three things have in common: G/[email protected], 3rd on the team, A/[email protected], 9th on the team, and P/[email protected], 4th on the team?

(insert Jeopardy theme music here)

A) Who is, Nick Robertson.

Yes, he has flaws, most players who are 58 games into their NHL careers have flaws, but on a team that is screaming out for secondary scoring...I dunno...Bueller, Bueller.

:help:

horner

May 22, 2007
It won't show up on an away game but he must have had 7 or more hits this game. Brings a much needed mullet to the team as well.
3 yrs * 1.8 mill he's an RFA thank god

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
A big part of it is that we signed Bertuzzi and Domi to provide middle 6 offense and neither one can seem to score.
Domi has been fine, he had a recent slump because Keefe decided to f*** up that line's chemistry by benching Robertson and in general uses that line very little, but Domi is scoring at a 50 pt pace despite the limited minutes and PP time.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
What even is Van Ryn's system?

Can someone please explain it to me? Like I was a three year old child lacking in understanding. Because I watch every game and I don't have a clue what system we're talking about.

Looks like the players don't either.

Whatever this system is the team better get better at it. Because it's not working very good. Hey, they won a game last night, that's awesome.

They've now won exactly one more game than they've lost.

This is dragging on for too long. ML$E is cutting it too close. Taking the chance these guys aren't gonna keep whipsawing around a .500 record only to miss the playoffs on the last game of the year.

If they think it couldn't happen they should just look at Van Ryn's system and ask themselves exactly what the f*** is going on there anyway?

Last edited:

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
This was Seattle, not Edmonton, Van, Boston, etc.
Flippin Seattle...this does not show anything is fixed. Bertuzzi is still unpassionate one hand on stick guy, Domi still makes 1 play a week, goaltending is still pure luck. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
The last time Robertson score he came out òf the lineup next game.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One of the best things we learned about that game is that Seattle is likely not making the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nice to see a win in spite of Van Ryn.

Thought Knies played much better, first line was dominant all night.

Think they’ll run with Samsonov for a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: IPS and DarkKnight

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
One of the best things we learned about that game is that Seattle is likely not making the playoffs.
I still don't get how that team won 8 games in a row. In any event, after all the hand-wringing, the Leafs are only 4 points behind a Florida team that is playing pretty poorly themselves.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Good for Sammy, hopefully this kicks him back in the right direction. Not a super convincing win against a bad and depleted team, but a win is a win, carry the momentum to the next game.

Special shout out to Van Ryn, you heard the chatter here and made the adjustments.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Then why did he only play 8 minutes with fresh legs on a b2b?!? Keefes treatment of him is mind boggling. If Nick's scratched again next game Keefe needs to go.

I love how Keefe gushed about him, took credit, like he was some genius for putting him in last night. His comments actual made him look like a fool. This kid is on a 21 goal pace, with no pp or even respectable minutes. For a team desperate for depth scoring, it’s a joke he isn’t in every night.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Willie before torching the Tre and Shanny. Four out of 38 games without a point.

Willie since he torched Tre and Shanny. Five out of 7 games without a point. Come on man !!

1705930428116.png

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am not a Sammy fan but he was great.
Made 2 great saves to keep us in the game

Brodie has no business being in NHL anymore
2nd line, dude a lot of money in that line for them to have no impact

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Nick is the new Jeremy Williams. You see one must be sent down to be called back up for a goal

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I am not a Sammy fan but he was great.
Made 2 great saves to keep us in the game

Brodie has no business being in NHL anymore
2nd line, dude a lot of money in that line for them to have no impact
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d start Sam on Wednesday.

Noting, we are actually scoring at a greater rate this year 3.49 GF/G, versus last year at 3.39 GF/G.

I thought both goalies played very good games, and that we deserved a couple more goals than we got.
What were the advanced stats on the top line last night, they were unreal.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d start Sam on Wednesday.
We are going to have to play both goalies anyways, might as well try and give Sammy some confidence. We could use Sammy of last year, and it looks like we were wearing out Jones a little.

I'd like to see Timmy and Robby stay in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad