Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN! -> Summer of Dorion continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Which part did I make up?

If people got banned for making things up, your verbal diarrhea would have had you banned years ago.
I'm not sure why you're struggling with such a simple concept.

We were talking about Risk/Reward last Summer about Leafs taking on a pair of project goalies cut loose by their previous teams Sammy without a QO and made a UFA and Murray dealt as a Salary dump..

So I simply took the actual Goalie Stats from 2021-22 for the Leafs.

1680447250561.png

A inserted/replaced the 2 new goalies in their place to see what the difference in the standings WOULD HAVE BEEN.

1680447289187.png

Based on these 2021-22 records the Leafs would have gone from 115 points to 86 points.

There is no prediction for future events only a comparison of Win / Loss records of goalies OUT vs. goalie IN based on historical stats of the past season.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Which part did I make up?

If people got banned for making things up, your verbal diarrhea would have had you banned years ago.
Well put. Guy seems to think someone appointed him Sheriff or something, good to know I'm not the one one tired of his act.
Nah, his agenda was pretty blatant. No logical human crosses records on vastly different teams and he was called on it pretty damn quick
Whenever Mess starts with the stats, things tend to go off the rails pretty quickly. And yes, he was called on it immediately (as is often the case).

We were talking about Risk/Reward last Summer about Leafs taking on a pair of project goalies cut loose by their previous teams Sammy without a QO and made a UFA and Murray dealt as a Salary dump..

View attachment 680400

A inserted/replaced the 2 new goalies in their place to see what the difference in the standings WOULD HAVE BEEN.

View attachment 680402

Based on these 2021-22 records the Leafs would have gone from 115 points to 86 points.

There is no prediction for future events only a comparison of Win / Loss records of goalies OUT vs. goalie IN based on historical stats of the past season.
I'm not sure why you're struggling to understand what a pointless waste of time this statistical voodoo was, and is.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

View attachment 680400

View attachment 680402

Why are you so upset?

You're acting like you only made one post in that thread. You continued to attempt to bait people all summer (which is against the rules on this board) and you ended up being wrong.

Now you are being called out for it. That's not against the rules. Posters are allowed to quote old posts.

I find it interesting that your minion suggested that you should ban me for disagreeing with you, though.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

View attachment 680400

View attachment 680402

Absolutely not the way you presented it. You would post the stats, post the assumption that we would be a worse team because your preference of Campbell was gone. You would ignore post that said your reasoning was faulty and continued to post this thought as if it was correct.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Absolutely not the way you presented it. You would post the stats, post the assumption that we would be a worse team because your preference of Campbell was gone. You would ignore post that said your reasoning was faulty and continued to post this thought as if it was correct.
It was Campbell and Bobrovsky if i remember correctly

Reactions: saltming

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Man, bump a thread on the main board just to prove a point, and Sens fans become really pissy.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Man, bump a thread on the main board just to prove a point, and Sens fans become really pissy.

LOL , you'd be pissy too if you had to watch that AHL team pose as a NHL team for 70+ games ... the 'turds are a bad team ..

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
correction ONE of the best... Murray has been a dumpster fire.

Murray has been injured, but not bad. He has had good and bad stretches.

They probably took the two riskiest options and have one that has worked out well, and one that has been fine (if the injuries continue, I am fine with calling it bad), but we also got some picks to take on the "fine" option.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Pretty sure they are just always in that state :dunno:

Oddly enough, they have no difficulty doing the same when it concerns the Leafs.

A posted by the name of BallardDiddleKids went postal on the main board not too long ago, even PM'd me.

LOL , you'd be pissy too if you had to watch that AHL team pose as a NHL team for 70+ games ... the 'turds are a bad team ..

Good point. My bad.

Reactions: Hellcat

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
correction ONE of the best... Murray has been a dumpster fire.
Murray ranks 29th in SV% among goalies with 20+ starts. That's definitely not great but those are still NHL caliber goalie stats and not all teams even have a goalie playing at that level.

I was hoping that Sammy/Murray would combine to give us at least a decent goalie tandem, hopefully better than decent but most importantly, that at least one guy would emerge as a quality starter by the time the playoffs rolled around. All boxes are now checked and I don't see how anyone could complain about how things have gone to this point. :)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Oddly enough, they have no difficulty doing the same when it concerns the Leafs.

A posted by the name of BallardDiddleKids went postal on the main board not too long ago, even PM'd me.

Good point. My bad.
Wow! I guess shots at leafs land are condoned dispite the severity

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
The old guys (Tavares Gio) should have stayed home during some of the road trips.

Yes, why not rest Gio, with the over abundance of D men? Let’s see what he dresses tonight. It’s about pacing ourselves now, we play a ton of games down the stretch here, just keep fresh without added risk.

Completely agree with this. It's time to start getting some of these guys some rest.

Gio and McCabe sitting tonight. Timmons in

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Murray has been injured, but not bad. He has had good and bad stretches.

They probably took the two riskiest options and have one that has worked out well, and one that has been fine (if the injuries continue, I am fine with calling it bad), but we also got some picks to take on the "fine" option.

When your #1 goalie, has a history of injuries, cant play 30 games in a season because of injuries, that is kind of bad. Since Jan 1, in 11 games, 3.55GAA and a .891 sv% .

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Well I believe all fan bases are sensitive of their team, human nature, but we do seem to illicit an inordinate amount of attention from the others

Yep, and they can't take the heat when we chirp back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad