Post-Game Talk: Leafs win JARMO. WE ROCK. THEY NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Been to a bunch of away games and that was easily the dullest. Take the easy win I guess.

Blimp is cool. Forgot they did that

Attachments

• D49A70EB-6BA4-4ABF-8E78-AD313B34F327.jpeg
    D49A70EB-6BA4-4ABF-8E78-AD313B34F327.jpeg
    399.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Actually shocked they came off the break and shut out a team (good or bad).

Nice to see a good TCB win.

Question is - can they do it again tomorrow?

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Anyone have a video of Steeves making contact with Korpisalo? Cant find it anywhere, thanks.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Solid game coming off the break, Hope to see us really start to buckle down after the all star break and get ready for the playoffs.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
A well-rested Tavares is a good Tavares. I suggest we rest him for one week before the playoffs (sort of half serious).

Nylander and Samsonov were the other standouts. Good game coming out of the break. The guys played looked like they wanted to win.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Marner on the right half wall running the PP is more dangerous than Matthews in that position, imo. U can stack that side to block Matthews shot but u cant do that to Marner, Him using the other 4 guys as he is swooping in, is very dangerous and he can score from that spot as well. Looking forward if Matthews wants to leave, i dont care as long as the Leafs get the proper return/overpayment is the standard for a guy like that etc. If u add that return from Matthews to the group I saw tonight, it might even be better or more balanced if a dman is also part of that return.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Joey Anderson just quietly rocking the best xGF% in the league out of anyone who has played more than 5 games this year.

He has only played 12 games himself but he is doing his job.
He doesn't stand out that much, but he does seem to have an excellent defensive stick and works pretty hard. He's a pretty good bottom 6 player and I think he deserves a lot more games

Reactions: stickty111

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
He doesn't stand out that much, but he does seem to have an excellent defensive stick and works pretty hard. He's a pretty good bottom 6 player and I think he deserves a lot more games
Agree, I've always liked Anderson, watched him growing up and he hit a bit of a flat curve BUT I think he has what it takes to help us. Even if it's as a 13th forward. Don't spend a 3rd to get some similar player, who is the flavour of the week. I'm down with Joey Anderson in that roll.

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
7 shots on goal from Nylander! No goal. Hope this dont turn to a ghost on his head. He need to break that 30 goal (cant find the last word here).

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Nylander with an A+ game. Hard to deal with him when he is giving that effort. He is a big problem on defense with that back pressure and surprise takeaways. On top of Nylander being a problem without the puck, he could have had 2 or 3 goals , was very close.
Nylander didn't take the 9 day break. He was out skating and working on his game with his brother the whole time.

It's really hard not to appreciate how dedicated he is to being better.

Mike Johnson was saying a few days ago that Nylander never misses an optional skate and is always working to find a competetive edge.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Marner on the right half wall running the PP is more dangerous than Matthews in that position, imo. U can stack that side to block Matthews shot but u cant do that to Marner, Him using the other 4 guys as he is swooping in, is very dangerous and he can score from that spot as well. Looking forward if Matthews wants to leave, i dont care as long as the Leafs get the proper return/overpayment is the standard for a guy like that etc. If u add that return from Matthews to the group I saw tonight, it might even be better or more balanced if a dman is also part of that return.
If Mathews wants to walk he will walk for nothing. The Leafs will get nothing for him, he will have a no trade and unless he waives it they can do nothing about it

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Happy my prediction was wrong. We will about Sat night.
They played faster and bigger. Can they do that 2 in a row.
It is the job of bottom 6 to dominate the game physically.
Steeves needs to stay. Anderson maybe.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
We're starting to be more consistent against teams we should be body bagging which is nice

Great schedule set up to go on a run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad