Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win in Regulation; 2nd in Atlantic. Rask shedding tears

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Congrats on the win. Someone should point out that Boston has 5 games in hand so don't get all cozy with that 2nd place.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Congrats on the win. Someone should point out that Boston has 5 games in hand so don't get all cozy with that 2nd place.
I said this before and I will say it again. Last season Toronto had 6 games in hand on Boston for 3rd in the Atlantic and we all know at the end of the season they both finished tied with 95 points. However the Bruins only finished 3rd due to having 42 ROW wins compared to the Leafs 39 ROW wins. Even though the Leafs won all 4 games against them in regulation that did not matter since head to head games is not a tie breaker. So that's why Boston was not guaranteed to finish 2nd this year based on what happened last year.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Happy with Nylander at centre.

If the Bruins are the 1st round matchup, I hope we see the following lineup:

Hyman-Matthews-Kapanen vs Backes/Nash
Leivo-Nylander-Marner vs Krejci
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov vs Bergeron
JVR-Bozak-Brown vs 4th

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Great game, what a roll we're on. Boston should consider tanking the rest of the season so they can get the wildcard spot and play Tampa. They want no part of us, 7 and 1 since we got the big 3.

Reactions: zeke and Cotton

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
What is ketosis? I could lose a couple of pounds
It's when your body burns fat and not the sugars that are stored in your muscles. So a person eats fatty shit and no carbs. I really don't understand what the expert means by eating veggies because that won't cause you to go into ketosis. Hey but I'm no expert although I did stay in a Holiday inn last night.

Keep in mind you will get fat if you eat a lot of fatty stuff the idea is the fatty stuff will satisfy you hunger and you will eat less.

horner

May 22, 2007
Happy with Nylander at centre.

If the Bruins are the 1st round matchup, I hope we see the following lineup:

Hyman-Matthews-Kapanen vs Backes/Nash
Leivo-Nylander-Marner vs Krejci
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov vs Bergeron
JVR-Bozak-Brown vs 4th
Iam sorry bud but Levio is not that good.
He will not play with those 2.
Maybe maybe 4th line.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
:laugh: :cry:

I think every fanbase in the NHL has a Tim Peel horror story - every team has one ref that fans dread to see involved in a game ( In Boston it is Chris Rooney, who grew up 3 miles from the Garden ) but in the NHL if you know a refs name, it isn't because they called a clean game.

Here are the NESN highlights from the game - On our board posters thought Jack Edwards had become a Leafs fan :biglaugh:

Thanks Kindly.

My gawd, JVR is terrible defensively. That third Boston goal is all on him.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Hey, we are tied for 3rd in the league with 83 points. I know, I know we have played about a dozen more games then anyone else, but still!!!!!

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Iam sorry bud but Levio is not that good.
He will not play with those 2.
Maybe maybe 4th line.
He drew a penalty that we scored on in limited minutes with a centre with hands of stone.
More positive impact than Komarov who Bobcat loves.
I know Bobcat will never give him a top 9 shot, but I think he will end up somewhere and have a reasonable career.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
And apparently all of that is working..
Yes it’s working but not because of the genius being displayed by our coach. It’s all conjecture but would they be where they are if Andersen was merely avg? Where would they be if Kapanen was playing higher in the lineup all season, or if Marner played with Nylander or Matthews all season, or if Dermott was brought up earlier, or if this team had a coach like Gallant, or if Babcock wasn’t so stubborn about his vets, etc. Babcock is a good coach, and he’s had some effect on the team, but he makes some idiotic decisions.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Hey, we are tied for 3rd in the league with 83 points. I know, I know we have played about a dozen more games then anyone else, but still!!!!!
Remember last year when we had 5 games in hand. Most people here were of the opinion big deal doesn't matter we still have to win those games. One guy even had the opinion he would rather have a 1 point lead than the 5 games in hand. What a difference a year makes :laugh:

Reactions: zeke and Cotton

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I still can't believe a review for goaltender interference went our way!! It was the right call, the Bruins defender initiated the whole contact sequence, glad we won that.
Judging by previous calls throughout the year, I am surprised that they allowed that goal. Glad they did tho!

Reactions: OddyOh

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
You're right, nobody has mentioned that before. :laugh:

Hoping Boston burns out dealing with the rest of their schedule.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Remember last year when we had 5 games in hand. Most people here were of the opinion big deal doesn't matter we still have to win those games. One guy even had the opinion he would rather have a 1 point lead than the 5 games in hand. What a difference a year makes :laugh:

Banked points are better than possible points.

I remember one guy trying to tell me that that in a golf tournament, a player who goes into the clubhouse with the lead was at a disadvantage to the guy who was 3 shots behind with 4 holes to play.

Sure they can catch you but there’s something to be said for setting the bar. Games (or holes to play) are meaningless unless they win. And there are no guarantees.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
And here you are...

c51fwgM9_o.gif

Hahahah thats is a keeper for every winning gdt. Perfect

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It's when your body burns fat and not the sugars that are stored in your muscles. So a person eats fatty **** and no carbs. I really don't understand what the expert means by eating veggies because that won't cause you to go into ketosis. Hey but I'm no expert although I did stay in a Holiday inn last night.

Keep in mind you will get fat if you eat a lot of fatty stuff the idea is the fatty stuff will satisfy you hunger and you will eat less.

Thanks interesting stuff,

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I thought this game was an auto loss? I thought Nylander couldn't play center? I thought Marner was too weak to play in the NHL?
hey I was a marner doubter ..his best overall game as a leaf last nite ...time to trade him for karllson lmao
team left everything on the ice ,a feel good game for players and fans alike
imagine jonnson grundsrom and korshov added to this bunch ,,
no one in the world could outskate em

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad