Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-2

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Love the attitude and direction of team since trade deadline. Wasn't a huge Giordano fan before but he has been a revelation for his hometown team. I love it. Let's keep it going.

Screenshot_20211110-231756_Twitter.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Nylanders ability to ignite a third line is a huge advantage this postseason. He is roaring out there of late, possessed...The type of talent he can be.

If Muzzin and Kase return to the lineup in full form, there isn't a team deeper and more versatile than the Leafs.

They can at least match any other team with special teams and faceoff % providing the edge.

Of course, it's about execution amd sacrifice.

I prefer to think

Tavares line as the 3rd line with Willy line as the 2nd line ;)

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Timmy Lils is legit - he got his first goal in a game against the Blues around the end of January and now has five, did the same in the AHL with the slow starts.

I expect at least 30 points and steady all situations play next year.

Willy has been flying lately, he’s going to get 80 points, and Mitch has slowed up a little, but he sort of had to.

That was pre-Christmas level Soup, I like that guy, I’ve heard he might be back around.

Philly has had bad luck with Couturier and Ellis, they boo Santa there, not happy.

4 (Tampa) and 3 (Boston) magic numbers to clinch 2nd Atlantic spot and home ice.

Reactions: Rocker13

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
My instincts tell me he is in a better place in rgesrds to his attitude. He is no longer spologizing, he's being a calm presence.

His comments after the Wilson collission were refreshing. His confidence is back, he is upbeat.
What were comments post collision? I missed it.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
View attachment 533133

Didn't get to see the Spezza goal when it happened. Busy playing pickleball. But man that was a lot of old on the ice there. 33 Simmonds. 38 Giordano. 38 Spezza. And they made 35 Yandle look like he was 36. 🤣

Simmonds, of all people, deked him so hard he literally just fell :laugh:

That is a tough end to a long career.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Both Boston and Florida pickup two points tonight.

Florida 116 points, six games remaining
Toronto 108 points, 5 games remaining
Tampa 100 points, 6 games remaining
Boston 99 points, 6 games remaining.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I prefer to think

Tavares line as the 3rd line with Willy line as the 2nd line ;)

It could eventually come to fruition. Tavares quietly works hard, but when he isn't a net presence, he seems invisible. I don't think we are there yet though. He still competes and leads.
What were comments post collision? I missed it.

Basically that he chatted with Wi!son at the all star game, and he is a " nice guy".

In regards to the hit he took from him, he said if I remember correctly, that he "loves a little contact here and there".

Almost a maverick with his attitude, hah. Nothing will throw him off. He was calm and sincere just shrugged it all off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocker13 and ER89

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
That game defined ho hum. I'm guessing Thursday will be a little more intense.

Agreed - A boring game BUT no injuries and a win is still nice. I will take 'uneventful' games all the way to the end of the season.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Both Boston and Florida pickup two points tonight.

Florida 116 points, six games remaining
Toronto 108 points, 5 games remaining
Tampa 100 points, 6 games remaining
Boston 99 points, 6 games remaining.

Going to be a dogfight to see who plays the Leafs.

Just secure home ice and dress the most ornery and pesky lineup and I like the Leafs chances against both.

Neither team will be a walk, but, if Leafs stand shoulder to shoulder and sacrifice, it will be theirs.

I was certain last year. I believe this Leafs team is far more equipped and prepared to sacrifice than last years team was.

Last edited:
Reactions: NiftyMits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad