Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He didn't help, he stole the game for the Leafs. If he does not stone NJ in the 1st, we dont come back in that game. If Veznia caliber goaltending is what we have to have to win because the team is so poor in front of you, that cant be something that sits well with anyone. Last time I checked points decide standings, with 3 point games winning % is not what you think it means. Ten teams (including Leafs) have more or as many points over the same time frame, only 6 teams in the East have less points over that time frame. Should be something that makes any Leaf fan pause for a second.
By my count (and i did miss a game) we have got 5 points in standings we didn't deserve (2 games by Murray got us 3 points and 1 game by Sammy got us 2 points) .. i can only remember 1 game (2 pts) where we got outgoalied this year .. 1st year in a long long long time where our tenders STOLE us net pts over a season (although it is not done yet) .. we are gonna need our tenders to win a game, at least, against Tampa where we get outplayed .. Vasi will for sure get them 1 win based solely on his play .. in da end playoffs come down to D and G .. forwards generally always go missing

Reactions: geo25 and Hellcat

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
No player is perfect, but Holl is a lot better than people think. It seems to be a Leaf Nation tradition to scapegoat one Dman, it's been Holl for the last couple of years and it makes me a bit sad. Guy's playing above his pay grade, can't ask for anything more than that.

You're quite arrogant and condescending for someone who keeps failing to understand what it is you're reading. Hint - I never said the goalies were the reason we lost. Can you do better?

If you are triggered because I pointed out your basic lack of understanding what I posted, that is on you.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
They probably had over 200 hours of practice or more to go over the "X's and O's". Also, do you mind posting the entire 20 min intermission?

You write a lot of fan fiction here.

You seem to just hate Keefe, not sure what reason there is for that, but might want to look into it.

Try using logic when posting, please.

MacLean
View attachment 665812

Keefe
View attachment 665813

Also, check Brind'Amour's playoff record... he is .500, and I know a lot of people think he is the best or one of the best coaches in the league.

Jesus one of those people eh? I state fact after fact and you think gaslighting is going to make a point?

WTF does Rod the bod have to do with Keefe? Plenty of good coaches have poor playoff records, very few good coaches state that they will not line match. Very few have had the MVP and lose in the 1st round and teh ones that did are no longer workgin for that org..

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If you are triggered because I pointed out your basic lack of understanding what I posted, that is on you.
Oh little tidbits of irony. :)

Jesus one of those people eh? I state fact after fact and you think gaslighting is going to make a point?

WTF does Rod the bod have to do with Keefe? Plenty of good coaches have poor playoff records, very few good coaches state that they will not line match. Very few have had the MVP and lose in the 1st round and teh ones that did are no longer workgin for that org..
FYI, Babcock said he was looking forward to the day when the Leafs were good enough that he wouldn't have line match because others would have to match with us.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021

FYI, Babcock said he was looking forward to the day when the Leafs were good enough that he wouldn't have line match because others would have to match with us.
So Babcock would do what exactly when he's on the bench? Chew gum? What happens when he's all out of gum? Power down and self storage? Return to docking unit?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

What is with all these flailing pointless post? You bring up Babcock because he's an example of an ineffective coach who is now unemployed and he is Red Hot Toxic on the job market due to his mismanagement of his players and team and no one will now hire him? Did you intentionally mean to prove my point or was that by accident? If so .... Thank you?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What is with all these flailing pointless post? You bring up Babcock because he's an example of an ineffective coach who is now unemployed and he is Red Hot Toxic on the job market due to his mismanagement of his players and team and no one will now hire him? Did you intentionally mean to prove my point or was that by accident? If so .... Thank you?
You've misunderstood what I've posted several times so you've turned to insults, now more insults. What's the matter with you? If you're not interested in respectful discussion, what are you doing here?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I think you need to look up what a fact is.

"I'm not going to be hiding our best people from anyone." - Keefe

Is this what you're talking about? He never stated he won't line match. Almost like you aren't speaking in fact.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

geo25

Sep 28, 2017

It still boggles my mind that our rookie GM hired his buddy - also a rookie NHL coach....with the quality of team we had.he did not even interview 1 other candidate....HOW was that even allowed to happen? Mind boggling.....

Reactions: Hellcat

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Plenty of good coaches have poor playoff records, very few good coaches state that they will not line match. Very few have had the MVP and lose in the 1st round and teh ones that did are no longer workgin for that org..
Cooper had the MVP, lost in the first round, kept his job, and then went on to win back to back cups.
And we've line matched in the playoffs every year with Keefe. Every coach line matches. It's just how intensely you want to commit to it. There are pros and cons, and it needs to be adjusted depending on the situation.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Cooper had the MVP, lost in the first round, kept his job, and then went on to win back to back cups.
And we've line matched in the playoffs every year with Keefe. Every coach line matches. It's just how intensely you want to commit to it. There are pros and cons, and it needs to be adjusted depending on the situation.
How many years in a row did he lose in the first round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad