Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Too early.

Remember Soup had a .953 November last year himself.
Murray doesn't seem like the type to have repeated mental breakdowns require him to take time off to stop beating himself up, as long as his body holds up his current stats seem pretty sustainable in the .910-920 range.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Putting some space between us and the rest of the division, would be nice if Boston could lose a fkn game.

But its good to still be winning when Matthews has been mediocre and the team hasnt even come close to hitting their stride yet

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Playing 6 on 5for that long is hugely difficult think of it as being on the kill but the opponent is in a frenzy

If you played you know how tough that is

Great game by Dirty Murr, give him the 1st star

MM keeping the streak alive and JT staying white hot

Will can make it look so easy sometimes and other times you wonder where he is, but be thankful he's there

Bottom 6 did their job again as did the men on the blueline, it wasn't always pretty but it got done.

Great job by a the guys who jumped in front of pucks this afternoon 22 blocks not sure if a Leafs team has ever had that many before.

The other thing is that the Leafs stood their ground and pushed back. Minny is a big strong team that loves too hit and they came really hard on the forecheck. I don't think the Leafs have faced that kind of onslaught this season and that kind of forecheck.

Well done boys, on to the next!

Last edited:

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
The man's like 60, it's Robert Zombie now.

"His name is Robert Zombie"
1669413414398.png

This dude don't look like no Robert, no matter how old he is......

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Does everyone here apologize to Dubas now or is it too early ? Murray and Samsonov have both been phenomenal, Campbell walking was the best thing to happen this off-season.

Nope. I mean Murray hasn’t been good in years and hasn’t played more than 40 games a season since 2018 I think. For a team wanting to contend it’s a huge risk putting your eggs in that basket. It still might implode as it’s only November

Reactions: AllHeartNoSkill

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Murray doesn't seem like the type to have repeated mental breakdowns require him to take time off to stop beating himself up, as long as his body holds up his current stats seem pretty sustainable in the .910-920 range.
But Murray also has his fair share of health issues. We will see if he can stay healthy in the upcoming months.

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Putting some space between us and the rest of the division, would be nice if Boston could lose a fkn game.

But its good to still be winning when Matthews has been mediocre and the team hasnt even come close to hitting their stride yet
It would be. But gotta settle in and get mentally prepped to face Tampa or Boston in round 1 again.

I'll agree on 34 but we've got some guys going pretty friggen good right now.

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
On a role and I think I like that we're needing to grind it out more this year

Murray needs to knock it off with the hitting the net off shit though he's going to get a rep and get penalized doing it by accident at the wrong time
Lol that’s the Toronto media pointing that out making it look like he does this all the time

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Matt Murray is ‘Unhinged’, coming to theatres soon
Great game by Matt Murray. The goaltending version of Corey Perry. The rulebook is more of a user-guide than a criminal statute.

He really knocked that game off the posts this afternoon -- and good for him for doing so "accidentally" without any penalties!

After years of seeing Leafs' goaltenders get run over accidentally on purpose, I don't mind seeing a bit of give and take the other way. In years' past, Jack Campbell would be apologizing to the guy who just ran him over and gave him a concussion, or would make excuses for the other team on the post-game interviews. Enough of that!

Now the rest of the team needs to get nasty and follow along :)

Last edited:
Reactions: geo25 and klmdg

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Any particular reason for choosing McKechnie? Because he seems an odd choice, given he’s a southern Ontario guy who played more NHL games for the Leafs than the North Stars?
Trying to find old school players that played for both
Actually a huge fan of Walt’s Career , just fun the real one is Hughson , the added feature is for sone of us who knew sone of these players

:D Shoulda made Basil McRae crying, my god I hated that guy
Me 2
Thought of him , but looked through my cards and like bringing up players that played for both and that I liked as the second one

Reactions: supermann_98

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
But Murray also has his fair share of health issues. We will see if he can stay healthy in the upcoming months.

Murray's stats are unlikely to nosedive like Campbell's did, either he's healthy enough to play well or he's not playing. I can't see a scenario where he's physically healthy but regularly putting up .875% like Campbell did.

Obviously him being injured and not playing is still a problem but at least we can run Samsonov/Kallgren instead of being forced to feed a struggling Campbell starts to get his mojo back.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Another win with a defense under the microscope, another clutch Murray performance when it counted. Nice snipe by Nylander, one of the better games from Jarnkrok I’ve seen. Mete and Hollowell were good enough. Might buy some time for Timmins to be ready.

Keep it rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad