Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-2

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Knowing keefe we’ll revert back to Domi as 3C lol. Just blender blunder before playoffs , like a complete buffoon.

Crazy enough , I woulda tried Marner as 3C in this game. Just for fun, not full time (giving Knies and Robertson some cool looks against lower competition)

Top6
Knies-Marner-Robertson
4th line

Domi at C will never happen again.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Who says you can't teach and old dog a new trick?

Inside Keefe's walnut size brain of his, he finally figured out that the best strategy when you have 4 forwards that consume 1/2 your salary cap that the best plan of attack is divide the wealth among 3 lines to build a balanced attack and then find a functioning 4th line that can contribute.
Looks like yesterday's lines and potential playoff starting line-up will finally attempt to do that. :clap:

You're joking right?

You know he is going to revert back to norm.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Holmberg is a pain to watch in that impressive top 9. It's like when you're in grade 1 and you get those "what doesn't belong in this picture" assignment

Congrats on your breakout season Nylander. Your reward is finishing the season with a replaceable 4C
I appreciate Holmberg but I always find him underwhelming.

There are some interesting UFA Centres this Summer who I would be interested in looking at

Elias Lindholm
Barrett Hayton
Sean Monahan
Chandler Stephenson
Alex Wennberg

All interesting names with different styles.

Obviously salary demands comes into play as well as whether you feel Tavares stays as 2C and you are looking for a 3C , or maybe you slide Tavares down and you need more of a 2C.

Interesting to see how Treliving goes about UFA this summer. Definitely trust him more than the last guy to put us together.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I’ve been hearing great things about Reavo so I had to check it out for myself, and last night he could actually take a shift. Great to see. Bertuzzi also looked like he belonged in the NHL. Marner was naturally buzzing around, although he was a little rusty, he’ll probably have a great week.

Overall, there was no atmosphere and it was another horribly boring hockey game.
Trolls Leaf board, never watches a Leaf game......

And this is somehow acceptable.

Reaves has elevated his play upon his return to the lineup.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Trolls Leaf board, never watches a Leaf game......

And this is somehow acceptable.

Reaves has elevated his play upon his return to the lineup.
Sadly we have and have had much worse.

At least they aren’t very good at trolling.

Go Leafs Go!

Reactions: kb

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Domi at C will never happen again.
And it rightfully shouldn't, Domi looks incredible on the wing beside Matthews. He's even limited his biggest weakness at 5v5, throwing high-risk passes that have little to no chance of connecting.

His turnaround has been great to watch, this is who we wanted when we signed him

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Also, can we talk about Reaves absolutely decking that wannabe tough guy on the habs? Absolutely demoed him and shoved him into his own bench. Embarrassing effort by that guy.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
habs.jpg

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I appreciate Holmberg but I always find him underwhelming.

There are some interesting UFA Centres this Summer who I would be interested in looking at

Elias Lindholm
Barrett Hayton
Sean Monahan
Chandler Stephenson
Alex Wennberg

All interesting names with different styles.

Obviously salary demands comes into play as well as whether you feel Tavares stays as 2C and you are looking for a 3C , or maybe you slide Tavares down and you need more of a 2C.

Interesting to see how Treliving goes about UFA this summer. Definitely trust him more than the last guy to put us together.
Hayton is an RFA

Second if we want to fix our D Core most of the money will be going there. I suspect they try to move both Kampf and Jnarkrok (sorry for the spelling). Just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad