Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-1 against wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Thing is, it seems pretty clear to me that reimer us better positionlly and at controlling rebounds than bernier anyways.

Bernier has tighter technique and better puckhandling, b ut reimer seems to be better at everything else, and his size and athleticism more than makes up for bernier's smaller advantages.

And i'm still not sure where people got the idea that bernier was good at controlling rebounds. Poor rebound control has plagued him his whole career.
Reimer's good at a lot of things, but controlling rebounds isn't one of them. He leaves a ton of pucks in dangerous spots and often loses the puck after his initial save. This is easily his biggest issue as a goalie, it's much more of a concern than his overblown "weak" glove hand.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Reimer's good at a lot of things, but controlling rebounds isn't one of them. He leaves a ton of pucks in dangerous spots and often loses the puck after his initial save. This is easily his biggest issue as a goalie, it's much more of a concern than his overblown "weak" glove hand.

People love repeating this but it doesn't seem true to me.

Look at this preseason - 0 second chance goals allowed, 0 tough second chance saves made, and only a smalk handful of second chances of any type allowed.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Look at this preseason - 0 second chance goals allowed, 0 tough second chance saves made, and only a smalk handful of second chances of any type allowed.

Most goalies have things to work on, for Bernier it looks like staying tall on shots from both wings. Goals from both wings over his shoulders, okay so one was he got beat glove side high. Perhaps it is just a weak glove hand :sarcasm: , in keeping with the situation.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

He's had an awful lot of help from his d-men and I remember more than a few scramble saves this pre-season.

If you haven't seen it, then you haven't been watching the same pre-season that I have.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
He's had an awful lot of help from his d-men and I remember more than a few scramble saves this pre-season.

If you haven't seen it, then you haven't been watching the same pre-season that I have.

The pucks didn't go in though...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

a few scrambles in the crease, but not as many as bernier, for example.

all goalies have to scramble on rebounds sometimes.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
i was at the game last night and WOW Leivo is sick.

He was the best player by far, i couldnt keep my eyes off him. The one play where he turned on a dime with the puck my jaw dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad