Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I do too, which is disappointing given that he is not a Cup-winning coach in any way, shape or form.

But I can't ever root for the Leafs to lose a playoff game. I can't, even if in the long run it might be theoretically beneficial to do so. I might not like the players but I do like the jersey.
The Florida series will be interesting. I'm not sure this style of play will work for the Leafs against Florida. They will need to open things up more and rely on Woll.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I was gonna mention this is probably the weakest series we've seen Rielly play in awhile, normally he's one of our absolute best players in the playoffs. Even with that said, it's not like he's some liability out there, he's still munching minutes and not giving up much.
For sure. Not his best series... but it's a high bar for him. Literally the only Leaf I'd say has improve his play in the playoffs every year of the Matthews era.

Makes sense though. A team like Boston he's still effective at transition, but nullified a bit more on offense. He'll probably look better if we can get to the 2nd round and play a bit more of an open game against Florida.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The Florida series will be interesting. I'm not sure this style of play will work for the Leafs against Florida. They will need to open things up more and rely on Woll.
Honestly either team is kind of screwed vs Florida in my opinion. They are relentless.

Reactions: LeafSteel

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Our support players are doing exactly what they should be doing and playing as advertised, pretty much all series long.

Kudos has to go to Brad for that.

If they can carry on, and somehow Rielly and the 11mil crew actually play to their ability/cost, I think that is what was envisioned.

The big 5 have to lead the team though.

Mar 26, 2010
Woll was spectacular and Willy doing Willy…

GO LEAFS GO

Finish off those pesky Bruins on Saturday.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Didn't fold. Cannot question the commitment in the past two games.

McCabe for captain. One of the best games from a Leafs D that I've seen in recent memory.

Knies was knarly. Beast mode.

BIG Willy winner 🏆

Woll was wollunderful!

All unexpected.

PP is a tire fire. Yuck 🤢
Agree on Knies but if Matthews comes back it effectively neutralizes Knies because he will be expected to defer to Matthews

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Honestly either team is kind of screwed vs Florida in my opinion. They are relentless.
Agreed, but the Leafs may have a chance if they try to open up their offense. It will just mean that woll will have to be outstanding.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022

Florida is overrated. If the Leafs manage to slay the beast it will be like they were shot out of a cannon. We will take Florida down. We got more muscle this year.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Want some therapy, lurk on the Bruins board and read them calling MacAvoy garbage, trade Pasta to Anaheim, saying Montgomery's last game is Saturday and the team doesn't have it.

Just like we do to our team to our own after every playoff loss.

We have a chance to break them, never looked forward to a game 7 more than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad