Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Dare I say but we have a real shot at finishing this. If that does happen, Boston will be totally broken. You don't lose two straight 3-1 series leads and come back from that.

Hardest test is yet to come.
I'm going to take a small bit of credit for being right about what would happen when the leafs went down 3-1. Now that it's 3-3, I don't think game 7 will be a test at all. I don't think it will be close. Boston is, as you say, broken. Monty has no one left to outsmart. He is being outcoached by the guy everyone here hates. It's over.

Game 7 will be a 4-1 or 5-1 Leafs win.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Nylander with a 2 goal night. The guy is absolutely clutch in elimination scenarios. I don't give a shit how cold he is in the regular season, if he can do shit like this in the playoffs then I'm all for it.

Also 0.1 seconds from a shutout. Hot damn! Hopefully Woller doesn't take that personally.

On to game 7 lets exorcise these demons!

GO LEAFS GO

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Looks like the line adjustment paid off a bit. It'll be interesting if McMann and/or Matthews are better in 2 days.

Reactions: Zero1

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Now Matty, please be healthy and come back for game 7. Imagine Gregor being upgraded to even 70% Matthews. Could be huge

Could also upset what they have going on which is an actual, honest to goodness team effort.

Unless he's in good enough shape to REALLY contribute don't put him in.

Reactions: glue and Leafsfan74

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This is the prototype game for the identity I wanted this team to have with the way this defense is built. A hard, heavy checking, defense. that follows up good sticks with the body. The Bruins were outmuscled all night, they can't get into the interior while guys like Bert and even Tavares can.

Both those guys had great games, physical and engaged. Especially Bert, he was all over the place without the stupid stuff.

Again, I repeat, before this series started I said for the Leafs to have success they need to accept winning games 2-1 and 3-2. Counter attack and play to the strengths of a strong defense that can handle the forecheck. No need to roll the dice, just capitalize and outgrind them.

Woll was putting on a clinic on sound positional goaltending.

Nylander sees the game in slow motion on breakaways, he's the matrix. If he decides to win a game he can just do it. Frighteningly talented when he applies himself. He has become much heavier on the puck which he doesn't get enough credit for.

Hopefully they surprise us and win game seven. I've seen teams figure out the defensive game like the 1999 Sabres or 2003 Ducks. Both surprised everyone to make it to the finals based on impeccable D.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I thought McCabe and Benoit were terrific. Bertuzzi and Domi warriors. Knies so strong smart and confident. Nylander produced. And most importantly, Woll incredible. Even Edmundson was terrific. Treliving knew what he was doing when he picked up some of these playoff performers.

Two players have to pick up their game , Rielly and Marner. Interesting how they’ve been here the longest and most identify with our failures.

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
We need to find a way to snag game 7. Woll is red hot, Nylander is warming up, and the rest of the guys are battling. The Bruins have played two so-so games in a row and we need to frustrate them in game 7. No bad penalties and match Boston's tenacious forecheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad