Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 2-1 in shootout, world comes to an end

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStreetBullies*

So far of the recording I have watched, only one giveaway, and steady play by dion.

Its okay, some people just cant take the fact that our captain is evolving from a good d man to a great one and than some.

I only recall one giveaway by Phaneuf the entire game. Sure enough, both NHL.com and ESPN have him with one giveaway.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Dion was fine. A guy who plays 27 minutes is our worst d-man while a guy who plays 12 is our best? Either Carlyle is missing something or some fans are.

mikebel111*

I only recall one giveaway by Phaneuf the entire game. Sure enough, both NHL.com and ESPN have him with one giveaway.

yeah I think it was when he started to carry the puck on PP and than it got poked away almost into the net. However I still have like 5 minutes of 2nd left, the third period left and OT, whicch I will watch tomorrow, so unless I see some terrible change in his game, I think he has played a good game so far

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Speaking of Phaneuf, there was an annoying ass fat kid in the row behind me who wouldn't shut the **** up and picked Dion to rag on all game. His incessant commentary drove me and my friend insane. Wanted to tell him to shut the **** up.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
No, I'm saying that Reimer played the worst team in the league which is obviously Edmonton. Plus, Leafs had the luxury to face ****ing Edmonton defense. They had terrible defense while the leafs played a very well defensive structure game unlike the last they played edmonton where Bernier was left to dry.

You're just full of excuses. Why can't you just accept that they're both great goalies and both deserve their fair share of starts right now?

FYI, while the Leafs D was bad in that Oilers game, Bernier didn't do them any favours either.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
No what's bothering me more is the fact that your downplaying Bernier's game for a single gafe. Why should it stop him playing another game. Do you think fluky goals like that occur every game? Also, the reason why I don't want to start Reimer is because of game 7. If Bernier wins the game then wouldn't it be logical for him to play the next game? You win and your're in.

And he's already stated that Reimer shut-out the Oilers in the 1st game of a back-back and never got the 2nd start, yet you continue to ignore that.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
First of all it was a road trip and both goalies played well so that's why Carlyle allowed both to play. Second all of, Carlyle said that was going to be his lineup no mater what.

But the leafs won... So you can't say the leafs lost because of that weak goal.

True, but it can bite a person in the ass if he blown out.

Good god do the excuses ever stop?

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Okay then, let me ask you this. How many fluke goals does that occur in a game? If it was a clean snipe or garbage goal then I get what your're saying, but goals like that never occur. Plus the leafs won so I wouldn't care if it was regulation win or a SO win.

Actually it was the 2nd time that it's happened to Bernier this year.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Game 1- Riemer
Game 2- Bernier
Game 3- Riemer/Bernier
Game 4- Bernier/
Game 5- Bernier
Game 6- Bernier
Game 7- Reimer
Game 8- Bernier
Game 9- Bernier
Game 10- Bernier
Game 11-Bernier
Game 12- Reimer
Game 13- Reimer
Game 14- e
Game 15- Reimer
Game 16- Bernier

If you notice Carlyle flip flopped the first 3 games, when Riemer crapped the bed he went with Bernier for Games 4-6, Reimer got back in for Game 7 before Carlye went back to Bernier for games 8-11, Riemer got games 12-13, and now it looks like he's gone back to alternating them again. If Carlyle holds true to pattern then its looking like #34 gets the nod tommorow...

Reimer was injured for a couple of those games.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
Being the best player in a 4-0 game isn't something to be proud about, granted he did save the team's ass in the first period.

Also, shouldn't we give the reins to goaltender who wins if you want to find out who's number one starter? If Bernier wins then he should get the start and if Reimer starts then you would start him until one of them loses.

Lastly, no I wasn't one of the people who wanted him to start after he lost against Columbus...

Funny, just a couple posts back you came up with some crap about why Reimer didn't get the 2nd start of a back-back even after he won, yet are coming up with multiple ******** reasons why Bernier should.

The Blue Devil

Nov 9, 2009
But also have to include the fact that Reimer blow up the lead versus the bruins in the playoff. Sure you can start him if your confident if he can get his revenge against them, but it can also blow up in your face if the game got through Reimer's head.

Yeah, that was all Reimer's fault...:shakehead Getting really annoying.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Reimer + gardiner to Winnipeg for Kane.

Kane jvr kessel
Lupul Kadri clarkson
Raymond mcclement kulemin
McLaren smithson Orr

Boom dynamite!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
In all seriousness, Smithson looked solid. Looked 10 times better than steckel ever did in a leaf jersey. Hopefully he keeps it up, we really need a faceoff expert in the lineup.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Now your starting to see the light:handclap: There's more that needs to happen. Carlyle needs to take a step back from the heavy line matching cause it's getting in the way of the players finding there rhythm. Too many players get cold on the bench... He has to take a step back stop overcoaching and roll lines more...

It's one thing when your facing Crosby and line match and completely another thing when facing teams like the Delvils. Tonight Carlyle got in the way of momentum. The Leafs could have run away with this if they were free to play but no every time Jagr was on the ice you had players scrambling to make changes causing bad changes and momentum swings the other way cause the team gets caught out of position and even mixed lines with the scrambling that go's on with the heavy line match to get the guys he wants on the ice. So many times the Leafs get in trouble cause of piss poor line changes for the match up that it kills momentum and the flow to the Leafs speed game they want to play.

Carlyle has to adjust a bit along with #FreeJakeGardiner & #FreeMorganRielly
Well said. We shouldn't be trying to emulate that against the Bruins either. All their lines can produce while Bergeron's two-way line could easily be line 1. The only way we're beating them is if we use speed, and that will have to involve Gardiner and Rielly on the back end.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Bernier played well. Kadri was our best forward and Rielly was our best D man.

Dion was our worse D man tonight.....

He was so bad he played 27 minutes. I am surprised you haven't been given several infractions for trolling and baiting. It is getting very old and tiresome. Reilly has a way to go before being better than Dion. Deal with the facts and stop derailing and trolling threads.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
it's a silly propsoal but that response is just as silly. there isn't a team in the NHL that doesn't "need" evander kane.

Considering the Leafs may have one of the better group of forwards in the entire NHL, yes Kane isn't needed. Clearly you subscribe to the lipstick and the pig theory. Should the Leafs trade a goalie and a D for a winger, that puts the club a step back, a very poor move, and does not help the team at all, not to mention doesn't address the real needs. Leafs don't need Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad