Confirmed with Link: Leafs will pick 1st pick in the 2016 NHL draft! Pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I'm actually so pumped.. by bringing in Auston it really helps to slide others into their proper roles long term. We have the big #1 we've needed since sundin. Wr have a ton of quality #2 options not t mention the chance of Stammer. This also makes some of our better prospects expendable in trade (guys like Kapanen and Brown) depending on the return. If we can somehow get Vesey it will really our winger pool. Now just need a top rhd and goalie.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
I'm actually so pumped.. by bringing in Auston it really helps to slide others into their proper roles long term. We have the big #1 we've needed since sundin. Wr have a ton of quality #2 options not t mention the chance of Stammer. This also makes some of our better prospects expendable in trade (guys like Kapanen and Brown) depending on the return. If we can somehow get Vesey it will really our winger pool. Now just need a top rhd and goalie.

We have a goalie in Bernier. I expect him to have much better numbers next year if Leafs can get a guy like Stamkos to join the team and revamp our defense.

sukimono

Mar 27, 2009
PQ
Man it's good to see all these crazy talented kids finally go to canadian markets, not a leafs fan but damn they will be a fun team to watch going forward. Congrats!

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
68kN6M0.jpg

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Still can't believe it. Was mentally prepared for the 4th overall. Legit thought not only this team, but Toronto sports was cursed. Still super happy.

As for the draft, Matthews is the clear #1 by a mile. Can't wait for the WC to see him.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
We have a goalie in Bernier. I expect him to have much better numbers next year if Leafs can get a guy like Stamkos to join the team and revamp our defense.

With respect to Bernier I expect them to draft a goalie this year and dip into potential trades. After seeing what we've seen of him we cannot just assume he'll be better than he has been.

maplehawk

HFB Partner

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
i like how the dude picking the numbers has a band-aid on his pinky. like he's known for months that a closeup of his hand is going to be on live-tv...he's been so careful to keep it looking good....then the night before cuts it opening a can of tuna and cries himself to sleep.

**** happens.

Like the fact we won the first overall pick O_O

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010

That was great. Can you imagine us seeing that live, Bettman asks who that combination belongs to and we have to wait like 20 seconds for them to find it on the list?

The first three balls each took a little while to shoot up that tube to the top...but the #13 ball which clinched it for us went up there hella quick. The hockey gods are finally on our side boys and girls.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
This feeling is strangely like the opposite of the game 7 collapse. Except this one will likely last 10 years or more. Was that collapse a blessing in disguise? The draft numbers are creepy...5,6 are the only two retired Leafs numbers, #13 Sundin was the last franchise centre..........8 seasons ago.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
PP1
Nylander Matthews Marner
Stamkos Rielly

PP2
JVR Kadri Soshnikov
Gardiner Zaitsev

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This feeling is strangely like the opposite of the game 7 collapse. Except this one will likely last 10 years or more. Was that collapse a blessing in disguise? The draft numbers are creepy...5,6 are the only two retired Leafs numbers, #13 Sundin was the last franchise centre..........8 seasons ago.

It is a strange thing....

Add in that 67 was the last cup and added together makes 13....lol

Next season is 2017 with 17 being the number of our last number 1 pick over all.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Stars are aligning LITERALLY

No leaf fan predicted any of Shanahan, Babcock, lamoriello, or #1 overall pick coming to Toronto.

As of 7.59 yesterday, it was a foregone conclusion that Toronto will be drafting 4th OA

Speachless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad