GDT: Leafs @ Wild - Sunday 8am Sweden (soon to be known as WillieLand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I agree Matthews seems to have a moody I'll show up and try when I want to like Alexei Kovalev way about him this season. Maybe getting lit up by Stamkos in last year's playoffs hurt his pride or something but he doesn't seem to be the same Matthews that was playing with a fiery passion and being a two way complete superstar like in previous iterations of the entity known as Papi.

This is a must win game , the first official one of the season. They just pulled off an epic win and made Mats , Grandma Nylander and King Borje up in heaven watching down proud. There's no way you can lose this game and go back home on a down note when Bertuzzi is finally going, Nylander extended his chase for the point streak record , Tavares showing old man strength and Samsonov looking like a goalie again. Keep it rolling and crush Minnesota. Sweden is Leafs territory can't let them down.

Reactions: slozo and Optimist

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Alarm set for 6am for pre game warmups let's gooooo.

Wild should just go back to sleep if marner and matthews decide to join Nylander for this one. 82-0 if all 3 go God mode in the same game.

Reactions: ULF_55 and arso40

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Alarm set for 6am for pre game warmups let's gooooo.

Wild should just go back to sleep if marner and matthews decide to join Nylander for this one. 82-0 if all 3 go God mode in the same game.
Alarm set.
Coffee, pan cakes with smoked salmon
Post game whisky and movie( rewatching Family Man and Blast from Past)

Bring it.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Oh my goodness, are the Leafs going to get Fleury for this one? They will light him up worse than Gustavsson.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Willy was awesome last game (his whole line really).

Matthews had one of his worst games I’ve seen in years, hoping to see a good performance from him in this one. Him and Marner have torched the Wild in recent years.

F_OpyIFWsAARXm9

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
If we can LTIR Klingberg and waive Reaves, that would be ideal.

We’re pretty lucky we got Detroit on the back end of a back to back and the same will happen with Minnesota tomorrow. Definitely got to take advantage of these situations.

I'm surprised they won't play Reaves for at least 1 game while there. Especially against his own team.
That’s how bad he’s been.

Reactions: authentic

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Minnesota just ended a shootout with Ottawa, if you are Toronto you need to take advantage of that, and the Minnesota PK because aside from today their PK has been garbage.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Minnesota just ended a shootout with Ottawa, if you are Toronto you need to take advantage of that, and the Minnesota PK because aside from today their PK has been garbage.
The Wild in general are garbage. Presumably they will start Fleury against Toronto, and he is just a very bad goalie at this point. To summarize, the second worst defensive team in the league, with the worst penalty killing in the league, using one of the worst goalies in the league, and all of that on a back to back. Uh....yeah....take the over.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I forget how to set my alarm clock. Being retired is tough. All kidding aside I'm usually up around that time anyways. This will be the Wilds second game in less than 24 hours, so I consider it a must win. No excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad