Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Tampa game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I don’t want to see another post game presser with their hats covering their faces again for the 6th time in a row.

Please, ffs, show some balls and win one of the NINE elimination games you will have played.

Other than the refs, Campbell worries me the most going to this one.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
According to the NHL , 5 times ... NHL Stats
What a joke. Lol... but refs have been fine....
There have been a few games this year where Matthews went beast mode... would be a good time to find his beast tonight.
I think he'll be really good tonight. The big boys know what this game means. Just need a steady Campbell in there and the chances will come.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I don't even want to watch tonight lol.

I am playing all sorts of mental gymnastics - Skip the first, watch if it's close. Skip it entirely and salvage a Saturday night. Put money on Tor and actively cheer for Tor to give me the homeostatic disappointment that my body craves. This way, it hits my wallet AND my emotions and therefore achieving a new low.

I can't complain with how we have played this series - Probably the best I have seen despite all those Ottawa wins in the 90s/00s. But I don't have any faith in this recent iteration of the Leafs despite being the best and most skilled team that I will likely ever see in my lifetime.

Reactions: HolyCrap

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I have a good feeling about tonight's game. More so than last. I don't know why but I'm running with this.
It might be because of your name my dude, but i feel the same way, its time, its finally time, we can't be losing in the first round forever.

Time to make our mark, play smart, stay out of the box, get the first goal and START ON TIME.

Reactions: Optimist

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
The day has come and honestly, I feel pretty good at this moment! I think they can do it, just got to start on time and play a complete 60 minutes.

Reactions: ToneDog

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
The first goal is key, I think we all know the refs are going to try to screw them with direct orders from Bettman. Leafs need a good start tonight and need to play well defensively in front of Campbell and make his job as easy as possible.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Show of hands who thought this was going to be a hard fought 7 game series going back and forth?

1652535675573.png

OK, now that we're here, Now what ?

We might as well give everything we have and win this darn thing.

This hopefully will be the best Leafs game of the series.

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
As a referee, you call what you see. Sometimes the angle you have distorts what you see, but if it looks like a high stick, you should call it.

The absolute worst thing you can ever do is look for make-up calls. Just call what you see. Tim Peele gets absolutely obliterated for saying he is looking to make a call against a team, and you’re advocating for exactly that.
There's plenty of blatant calls to make in OT, they opted not to. Engvall is elbowed in the face, Bunting is elbowed in the face, Matthews is held. These are all easy penalties in the first or second period. But they put the whistles away after a blown 5on3 call.

And to your first point, if you're unsure, you don't guess. They guessed on Kampf and missed.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Pet a dog on my walk this morning and had my bus fare paid for me

This can only mean the Leafs win tonight

Reactions: Jmo89

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The first goal is key, I think we all know the refs are going to try to screw them with direct orders from Bettman. Leafs need a good start tonight and need to play well defensively in front of Campbell and make his job as easy as possible.
If Bettman was giving orders he’d favour the Leafs. When the Leafs are eliminated the biggest market in the NHL forgets about hockey.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
Show of hands who thought this was going to be a hard fought 7 game series going back and forth?

View attachment 546434

OK, now that we're here, Now what ?

We might as well give everything we have and win this darn thing.

This is hopefully be the best Leafs game of the series.
Yep, well said. We all knew this was going 7, and this is exactly what we fought for home ice for.

Time to bring it. And to anyone saying they’re going to skip watching this game… come on. You’ll regret it when we win.

Reactions: Mess and ToneDog

Mopar

May 3, 2021
Tonight's the night!

Reminiscing about some of the Game 7s I was fortunate enough to witness during my early years of being a fan of this team.

Islanders and Sens in 02 and Sens again in 04. Winning these games on home ice after a hard fought series is so sweet. I'm ready to witess that again!

Go Leafs Go !

Reactions: Metroid

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Had a dream leafs went down 4-0 on awful goals very fast in game 7.

Hopefully it’s just a nightmare.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

I'm not worried about the reffing on home ice. There's no way we see another officiating debacle like last game again. Just need to play hard and capitalize and we should be fine.

Had a dream leafs went down 4-0 on awful goals very fast in game 7.

Hopefully it’s just a nightmare.

I had a dream we were losing 9-4 after the first period in game 6. Dreams do not always come true. :laugh:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
This year's game 7 with home ice is different than last year because last year only 500 fans were allowed, so 20,000 home fans should help boost the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad